Look what else I got for Xmas!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Backdoctor, Dec 25, 2005.

1. my daughter's boyfriend asked that this large box be the last one given out for the day:
    original.
    in was a smaller box with a diamond ring:
    the Boss was happy, we gained an extra room in the house, and a new son in law:
    original.

taken with the old D100, new 70-200 and sb800.

Wow, on day a new 70-200, new son in law and extra bedroom. Must be christmas.

2. wow, this is touching. Loved this post.

3. Congratulations! What a wonderful news on Chrsitmas day.

4. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    You have to appreciate a guy that pops the question with a little extra flair. Very nice/classy touch from the young man. Congrats to the two of them.

5. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Wow, that's some serious rockage! Nice pics, very touching.

6. Thanks all, and thanks to Steve for some extra shots via email....

7. general

general

Apr 30, 2005
    Nebraska
    Congratulations

Harris,

Congratulations to your daughter and to you and your wife, and to you for great pictures and presentation.

8. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Okay, I'm wondering if the guy asked for your permission or blessing Harris? Six years ago when I asked Leigh to be my wife I asked her father first. Just wondered if that is still done elsewhere.

Very touching and congratulations!

9. How neat for your daughter and a touching way to ask for her hand in marriage. Good story Harris and well documented with images.

10. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Congratulations on the upcoming wedding! So.....are you gonna photograph it? :wink:

BTW, I love her ring!!!! How pretty!

11. Congratulations! Wonderful images and a beautiful ring!

12. Congratulations to your daughter and all of you. Great gift and sorry to say it but i bet your daughter finds the ring more important then your 70-200. But i bet you are happy with both the lens and the future son in law.

Hey now i know why i got nothing from Santa..... I can't complain i got myself some new old glass. And i got Snow.

13. Awesome, congratulations to all involved mostly the happy couple! Hey, he looks like Tom Petty one of my fav musicians.:eek:

14. I'll bring a camera, but I'd rather have root canal that shoot a wedding. Too much stress, let alone your own daughters wedding....

Thanks

15. He did, sort of. It was ok with me. He's a good kid and generally, he's a very quiet. We've spent some time together, and as long as she is happy, I am.

He got me Diablo II for my birthday, and has been helping me get thru it. Boy, games these days are much more intricate...

They went back to Orlando to get ready for the second semester..

16. Congratulations, Harris, and to the young couple. What a charming way to propose.