Look what I saw in my backyard today!

I saw these three little Fischer's Lovebird!

When I was going out for lunch today I spotted something under a tree. One quick look and I knew they were not the common birds found in this area. I quickly took out my D300 from the camera bag, mounted the 428 on it (accomplished in 3 seconds flat!) and quietly creeped out to the yard. I then crawled slowly on the grass until I was close enough for some close shots.

These guys are globally near threatened and are from Africa, so they must be escaped pet birds. I am quite worried about them because its quite cold (5-6C at night) outside. I hope they'll survive the Winter and come back to visit me often. Maybe I should get a feeder for them!

original.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

wow
Great shots
They are just as pretty and adorable as can be

Tim I would sure put out lots of food for them.

I got my first Lovebird when I was 9. I now have several breeding pairs (can't get them to stop).

Put out food for them. Seems you got close to them. They don't normally speak, but some have learned. They are acrobats & entertainers. If you can catch them you'd have some fun friends. They look very happy & healthy & in good weight.

Good luck with them & if you have any questions - - feel free to PM me, but food for their species will do great - - they'll probably even eat wild bird seed...

Lil

N

NeilM

wow
Great shots

Is his name Tim or William, says Tim in the username, but William in the sig bar? :confused:

L

llbrown6

Great shots, gotta love that D300. Im hoping to love one in a couple of weeks.

Fantastic shots William, where abouts in HK?

Neil, they are not in HK. I have a house in CHung Zhan, which is about an hour's drive across the border. I acn't possibly afford such a backyard in HK!

wow
Great shots

Thanks Gale, they are such lovely birds. What kind of food? I thnk they were eating grass when I saw them!

Wow great shots. I love the last one.

Thanks Rob, I love the last one too!

I got my first Lovebird when I was 9. I now have several breeding pairs (can't get them to stop).

Put out food for them. Seems you got close to them. They don't normally speak, but some have learned. They are acrobats & entertainers. If you can catch them you'd have some fun friends. They look very happy & healthy & in good weight.

Good luck with them & if you have any questions - - feel free to PM me, but food for their species will do great - - they'll probably even eat wild bird seed...

Lil

Lil, I prabably wont be able to catch them but I will surely try to feed them! I'll PM you!

Great shots, gotta love that D300. Im hoping to love one in a couple of weeks.

Oh yes, D300 works great. It was cloudy and the first one is ISO1100! I am quite happy about it.

gorgeous creatures. great shots. i hope that they will stay around for a while

Hi Greg, I hope they'll stay too. If they come often I will get them a feeder.

great shots

Thanks JS!

What a find! Someone is missing some birds. Good photos.

Thanks Sandi, I was wondering who was so careless too! I realy hope these little guys will survive. There is a very good forest near my house.

Latest threads

Top Bottom