Look what Ritz just sent me...How nice of them! ADDED NEW D200 PHOTOS!

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by Anthony747, Dec 16, 2005.

1. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Battery is charging. I'll post some test shots later!

Anthony

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2005
  2. WOO HOO great news! Looking forward to your pictures

3. Congrats, Anthony! Hope your new toy will provide you with lots of happy memories!! Now post some shots!!

4. Coo! I think you are the first one I have seen to have a real production "D200" in their hands. You will be having fun very soon...........:biggrin:

5. Congratulations Anthony...Very happy for you. I know what it feels like to open a camera box. It is so exciting and makes the heart beat with happiness. LIke everyone here, I am anxious to see some pictures taken with the D200 and see what your overall thought is on the camera.

6. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Congrats on the new addition to your camera bag. Once you get the batteries charged, please get out and play with it so you can offer us a really good critique of the new body. We all have been waiting patiently for the 200 to hit the market and we'd like to know if it is a worthy camera. Merry Christmas to you...early!

7. Cool, now I know there really is a Santa Clause. Good luck with your new toy.

8. Congratulations! I can't wait to see your photos!

9. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    That is beautiful :>)))))

Way to go. I hope you get excellent performance from the new machine.

10. Congratulations Anthony....looks like a great camera...

Bob

11. general

general

Apr 30, 2005
    Nebraska
    Good on Ya!

Looking forward to seeing photos.

12. GaryW

GaryW Guest

What are these buttons and dials?

I imagine the button on the left is the monitor button (with a different symbol from the D100), but I am not familiar with the icons on the right. I thought at first it was the metering options, but they are in the same old place.

[​IMG]

13. They are the focussing modes, as per the D2H I have.

Bob F.

14. Ibn

Ibn

Jun 28, 2005
    San Jose, CA
    Congrats. Looking forward to seeing some pics and your thoughts on the camera. Not in the market right now, but will be in the next couple of months (must hold out...).

15. Gary, AF-area mode selector.

Anthony

16. My new D200 is something to behold, this camera is super slick! I just love the feel, the AF speed and the shutter sound. The viewfinder is large compared to my D70 and the monitor is large and bright, the menu options are big as well. Setting the time is pretty cool you get a world map to pick from. My D70 served me well but it looks like a toy compared to the D200! The below photos are out of the box auto everything no Photoshop PP. EXIF data attached.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Holey Smokes......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats SWEEEEETTTTT.

Great images.

Thanks Anthony

18. Hi Gale! These images are virgin out of the box defult settings. Just image what these images would look like with some RAW Photoshop tweaking. Currently Adobe doesn’t support the D200 Raw files.:frown:

Anthony

19. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Anthony,
    All I can say is this one seems a true winner out of the gate. I am really happy for the photogs and Nikon.

I wil get one in a few months. Got on a local camera dealer list yesterday. About 45 down the line. But thats ok, I realy can't afford it anyway.

Will prob order from B&H though. I have a NAPP membership so no tax or shipping. That really saves alot.

You could get the 30 trial of NC and process them Anthony. It really is a good program. The new version is nice and runs alot faster for me.

20. Anthony...these are nice and sharp as well as nice contrast and perfect saturation. Thanks for sharing these first pics I have seen with the new D200.