Look who shared my morning coffee with me

Discussion in 'Birds' started by mike mac, Jul 24, 2005.

1. Sitting on my front porch with my morning coffee and this cast of characters came by to visit.
    All taken with the D2X and the 300 f4 with 1.4 tele and the SB800 for fill
    Mourning Dove
    [​IMG]
    Female Downy Woodpecker
    [​IMG]
    Male House Finch
    [​IMG]
    Female House Finch
    [​IMG]
    Bunny Rabbit
    [​IMG]

2. Well, it certainly looks like you've settled in with your X. These are about the same quality now as your H shots always have been. The dove is nice and smooth and sharp!

3. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Very nice images, Mike. I would say that it was a slendid morning indeed! :D

4. Mike:

Great shots. Are you shure you are not the mad hatter and invited all these for tea? Where is Alice?

Gil

5. NIIIIICE....!!!........really like the finches :)

6. nice series from the back porch. Makes me want to dump some $ into an X :wink:

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Hi Mike
    Just really great company for morning coffee.

Couldn't think of anything nicer.

All beautiful !!!!!

and waiting for you to put that dam maching gun away LOLOL

Wuv da Wabbit :>))

8. A splendid set of pictures, Mike!

9. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

Very nice!

10. My goodness. Interesting group of friends you have there. You sure know how to make your 300/4 sing Mike.

11. Nice shots Mike! As I was looking at your shots I said to myself self I have the same birds in my neighborhood, looked at your signature...New Jersey! :D

Anthony

12. Kinda crowded for the breakfast nook!! *LOL* Great captures of the morning critters - nice and sharp.

13. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Great set of shots, Mike! Nice to have such a diverse set of visitors to your backyard.

14. jaminphoto

jaminphoto

Jul 7, 2005
    SF Bay area
    Excellent images.
    The bunny shot win for the cutest one. The finch shot win for the interesting color.
    They all look sharp despite the caffeine intake :)

--ricardo

15. That's a rather crowded breakfast place you have here Mike! ;-) Truely excellent shots (and use of the fill flash): it looks like the D2X is working for you just as the H was! :lol:

16. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Mike, excellent little morning tete-a-tete you have there. :wink:

I can't wait until Janie and I can get our decks built in the back yard. Maybe I can come up with some remotely close to these. 8)

17. As I said on dpreview, awesome shots bar none........the finch is a killer shot Mike!!

18. Thank you All

Well I just want to say thanks for all the great comments, I really enjoy sitting out front and watching these little guys interact, now my neighbors probably think I am a little out there but hey what can I say. Again thanks all. Sorry for not responding to each post but you all know how bad of a typist and speller I am :lol: :shock: :wink: