Lookie what we got!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cajun angel, Jun 22, 2007.

1. I just found out about this place this morning! I've already emailed them and sent them one of my favorite pics of "Swainey" the Swainson's hawk! I"m hoping I can find a way to make my photography more than just a hobby, dunno if I'm good enough, but I think with my drive to do better, who knows what can happen! So, take a look!

http://www.bpraptorcenter.org/aboutus.html

2. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    ok, I don't really get it, how this could have impact on you? or perhaps you on it?

3. Okay Doug, this is what ---- the swainson's hawk isn't common in these parts and I'm trying to learn more about it. Then I've had 4 places that were interested in photos that I took of the hawk, and they also commented about always looking for great photos to use in the their presentations to school kids. Impact? well, it's simple, I can help them with photos for the kids and it will help me to work even harder to get the "best photos." Hope I cleared this up for ya

4. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    ok, well I didn't understand code, as I left my decoder ring at home, so thanks, and goodluck...

5. That's okay Doug, guess I wasn't exactly clear about what I said. IT's also that I didn't know we had a raptor center. I'm always looking for places to go. Sorry about the confusion.

6. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    np, it's amazing what all is out there if you just look. several people asking about your photos is significant, keep working at it.

7. Funny thing. After I read this post I decided to do some internet raptor research myself. Found out that Southeastern Michigan is one of the biggest crossroads of Raptor migrations in the United States/Canada. Who knoew that there were a bunch of raptors flying over this area. After I get some longer glass I'm going to go down to the observation area and try and get some shots in September.

8. The funny thing is I didn't know we had a raptor center! And I've since found out about some more places to check out! Believe me, it's worth knowing what all is in your neck of the woods! I"m learning about mine!