Looking Back before the Storm

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Markb, Oct 7, 2005.

1. With winter eagerly anticipated by some of us crazy folks in the northern hemisphere (most perticulerly Canucks), I thought a look back at the general area where some of us snowbirds spend our winter could help us get through the dreary parts of the fall.

This is a series of 6 shots I took in Exuma, Bahama's in April of this year. Stitched using Panorama Factory. All hand held, shot using a CP5700.

The sky is a bit dark, Panorama Factory matched colours based on the darker part (I didn't equalize exposure/f stop for all pictures) or so it seems. On the plus side, the folks who were there remember the sky as such a deep blue, and I have one request for reprint. Small steps.

I also had EZ Print print out a 12 X 48 inch of the original, with the 'poster' effect, and I am very pleased. The smaller 6 version has some banding, but the work is very good.

Critiques welcome. Enjoy.

Mark

49875136.EmeraldBayWeb.

2. i think it came out very nice. I do not notice the banding. The left side sand is blown out somewhat, but otherwise very nice for a handheld series.
    Dave

3. Ahhhh, looks so beautiful - nothing like turquoise water during a dreary Cdn winter to lift the spirits!! LOL Very nice pano, Mark! What lens did you use for this pano?

4. Sandy,

Actually taken with my CP5700, so it was the 'kit lens'. According to the EXIF data, it was set for 22mm, f/5.6, 1/405 sec@100 ISO.

The water was soooo green, yet crystal clear at the same time. The bottom of many clouds had a subtle emerald hue to them. Gotta sell some more stuff so we can go back.

Mark

5. Dave,

Thanks for the comment. I agree it is blown a bit in the sand. Looking at the original, the sand is less blown, closer to it's natural colour.

I think I might run it through again, and see if I can play with some of the settings. It might be as a result of increasing contrast in post processing?

Mark

6. Well done and the bay is certainly named well. The emerald color is beautiful.

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    That is just to pretty :>))
    Thanks for sharing

8. Is your monitor calibrated Dave? The sand is bright, but not blown, on my monitor.