Looking for a camera plate for my D800

A friend loaned me his 300mm and it has a RRS ring on it. I really like the design of the plate, with the safety stops at each end. I have a 3LT tripod that I like, but the plates that came with it don't have safety stops, and I'd like to replace them.

I looked at the RRS L-Plate for the D800, and the first comment on the page is that the plate doesn't have safety stops and someone almost crashed their camera and lens.

So, any recommendations for a plate that is very sturdy and well made, that has safety stops.

Thanks!

Real Name
Randy
If the plates screws come loose it will fall but I never understood how those 2 screws saved anything
I use rrs plates, collars, and feet and I've never had a prob

If the plates screws come loose it will fall but I never understood how those 2 screws saved anything
I use rrs plates, collars, and feet and I've never had a prob
The RRS stuff plate on the lens has two little set screws. When I attach it to my ball head, those screws go into a groove in the top. If the knob loosens enough for the plate to slide, but not lift out, the screws stop it from sliding off the top, saving the camera / lens from a crash.

I have a couple of RRS L brackets for my D800, one for the grip and another for the no grip body. Never used the grip, I keep it around since I read it will fit a D810. Never had any problems with the grip coming loose, its been on it for 5 years.

Real Name
Randy
The RRS stuff plate on the lens has two little set screws. When I attach it to my ball head, those screws go into a groove in the top. If the knob loosens enough for the plate to slide, but not lift out, the screws stop it from sliding off the top, saving the camera / lens from a crash.
Maybe

I've got Sunwayfoto plates for most of my bodies/teles. All come with safety stops
that I never use. My clamps are all RRS or Kirk and they play well with each other.
Fit and finish is excellent and the packaging is the best out there. Why pay more
for these overpriced accessories? :D My old 200f2 has a Sunwayfoto replacement
foot that's been superb at considerable savings. Your money....

I've got Sunwayfoto plates for most of my bodies/teles. All come with safety stops
that I never use. My clamps are all RRS or Kirk and they play well with each other.
Fit and finish is excellent and the packaging is the best out there. Why pay more
for these overpriced accessories? :D My old 200f2 has a Sunwayfoto replacement
foot that's been superb at considerable savings. Your money....
I'm happy to find good products at good price points!! The 3LT plates are fine, I just like the idea of having a little backup.

Latest threads

Top Bottom