Looking for a daily reminder utility

Discussion in 'Apple/Mac' started by Rich Gibson, Jul 10, 2008.

1. I don't seem to find anything serviceable in the native Mac OS or ICal. I'm looking for a utility which can pop up and give me a small reminder to do a repeatable chore. I need to accomplish a few a day, every day.

Thanks,

2. Have you tried using iCal to send you an email?

I assume the alarm in iCal is not loud enough?

The alarm alert on the iPhone is a pop up notice.

3. Isn't there a "To-Do" function in iCal that will send reminders to you in Mail? Or in Mail itself, there is a To-Do function. I've never used it so don't know how it works. Thanks.

4. I was looking for a non-persistent reminder. That would start to clutter up my inbox if I was away for a couple days.

5. I've got one of those, but she gets mad when I call her a utility :rolleyes:.

6. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

7. :biggrin::biggrin:

8. Everyone's a comedian. :tongue:

9. davidzvi

davidzvi

Apr 30, 2005
    Massachusetts
    David
    Took the work right out of my mouth.

Though I'm still working on the non-persistent part. :wink:

10. Hey, wait -- easy solution : get an iPhone!!! Then you'll have those pop-up reminders right there in your pocket!

11. bozola

bozola

Feb 28, 2006
    Seattle WA
    If you are a unix guru

You can try cron.

12. Rich,

Have you tried post-it notes on your monitor or on your D3? It's not elegant but it sure is cheap!!
    :biggrin::biggrin:

13. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

14. I use the MS Outlook calendar extensively and routinely set my items with a 15 minutes reminder. Outlook allows many custom functions for appointments (a/o, many types of repeat). I sync it with my iPod Touch.
    So, between my computer and iPod I have all the scheduling and their reminders I need.

15. rbellphoto

rbellphoto

Jun 8, 2006
    SoCal
    If you're using FireFox/Thunderbird, you can get the Lightning calendar add-on which will allow you schedule tasks, reminders, appointments, etc.