1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Looking for a daily reminder utility

Discussion in 'Apple/Mac' started by Rich Gibson, Jul 10, 2008.

1. I don't seem to find anything serviceable in the native Mac OS or ICal. I'm looking for a utility which can pop up and give me a small reminder to do a repeatable chore. I need to accomplish a few a day, every day.

Thanks,

2. Have you tried using iCal to send you an email?

I assume the alarm in iCal is not loud enough?

The alarm alert on the iPhone is a pop up notice.

3. Isn't there a "To-Do" function in iCal that will send reminders to you in Mail? Or in Mail itself, there is a To-Do function. I've never used it so don't know how it works. Thanks.

4. I was looking for a non-persistent reminder. That would start to clutter up my inbox if I was away for a couple days.

5. I've got one of those, but she gets mad when I call her a utility :rolleyes: .

6. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

7. :biggrin::biggrin:

8. Everyone's a comedian. :tongue:

9. davidzvi

davidzvi

Apr 30, 2005
    Massachusetts
    David
    Took the work right out of my mouth.

Though I'm still working on the non-persistent part. :wink:

10. Hey, wait -- easy solution : get an iPhone!!! Then you'll have those pop-up reminders right there in your pocket!

11. bozola

bozola

Feb 28, 2006
    Seattle WA
    If you are a unix guru

You can try cron.

12. Rich,

Have you tried post-it notes on your monitor or on your D3? It's not elegant but it sure is cheap!!
    :biggrin::biggrin:

13. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

14. I use the MS Outlook calendar extensively and routinely set my items with a 15 minutes reminder. Outlook allows many custom functions for appointments (a/o, many types of repeat). I sync it with my iPod Touch.
    So, between my computer and iPod I have all the scheduling and their reminders I need.

15. rbellphoto

rbellphoto

Jun 8, 2006
    SoCal
    If you're using FireFox/Thunderbird, you can get the Lightning calendar add-on which will allow you schedule tasks, reminders, appointments, etc.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.