looking for a good camera store in San Diego

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by slappomatt, Apr 21, 2007.

1. slappomatt

slappomatt

May 13, 2006
    San Diego CA
    just had my birthday and want to get something for myself. would like to get something today for a photo outting tomorrow. I only know if ritz and their prices are alot higher than I'm used to from buying on the net. does anyone know a good store in SD with decent prices? thanks!

2. genera

genera

Oct 6, 2005
    California
    THESE ARE THE ONLY TWO CAMERA SHOPS I'VE VISITED:

NEAR DOWNTOWN, THE ZOO, AND BALBOA PARK
    GEORGE'S CAMERA
    3837 30TH ST
    SAN DIEGO, CA
    619-297-3544
    S/E CORNER, 1 DOOR OFF UNIVERSITY

NEAR THE WILD ANIMAL PARK
    CALUMET
    830 W. VALLEY PARKWY
    ESCONDIDO, CA, 92025
    760-737-6002
    EAST SIDE OF I-15, VALLEY PARKWAY EXIT

BOTH SEEM A LITTLE PRICY BY INTERNET STANDARD

3. slappomatt

slappomatt

May 13, 2006
    San Diego CA
    Thanks. I called Georges and they where a little more than ritz. although they had a decent price on the 50 1.4 but they where out of stock. Ill look into calumet.

4. Check out Nelson's at India Street.

5. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
  6. there's one in La Mesa area ..I remember how to get there, but not the address .. it's not far from Cowless Mountain (the hiking place)... very small store, very friendly owner.. alas, I don't even remember the name..
    There's another one near Grossmont College, but I don't remember the address either :) Maybe you can contact the Photography faculty at Grossmont College ? I'm sure they know the store.

Other than those two, there's always the chain stores, if your main concern is the price..

Nelson's is a good place, but I don't know about the price these days..

Gawd, do I miss San Diego ..