Looking For a New Tripod

Well, my trusty old Manfrotto 3021 tripod broke while traveling. Thankfully insurance will cover most of the cost for another one. The 2 I’m looking at for a replacement are the Manfrotto MT055 series or the Giottos 9314 series. Both are aluminum (which I prefer). Just wondering if anyone out there has one of either and what your perspectives are. Also, what equivalent would you recommend I look at if neither of the 2 mentioned above. Thanks for your time and advice.

Edit to add:
Mulling the idea of getting a Benro too (tma27a series).

R/
Dave

Last edited:
Glad to hear you are getting a new Gitzo... I would to know what you think about it. What head are you putting on it?

Cheers,
alexis and Georgie Beagle
Well the tripod I got was a Gitzo 1326. It’s aluminum and is quite hefty. It was for free essentially (cost of shipping) so I feel that I made out pretty well overall. It’ll be the tripod I use for a Mamiya RB67 I have and for some heavy lenses as well. I bought another Manfrotto head for the new tripod. So hopefully this weekend I’ll put everything through it’s paces.

R/
Dave

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom