Looking for a PA/NJ/DE photographer.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DanWhite, Oct 10, 2005.

1. DanWhite

DanWhite

Jul 10, 2005
    Lansdale PA
    Hello Fellow Nikon Cafer's,

My Wife and I are starting the road to adopting a child. As part of our profile we need a few portraits of the 2 of us. I have attempted to do a few tripod/remote shots and have just not been happy. What we are looking for is some natural light portraits and individual shots in and around Center City Philly. if anyone is intrested, please let me know.

Thanks,
    Dan

2. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Bravo to you for adopting. My mom and dad adopted a little girl from China 7 years ago and I think it is the best thing in the world that they could have ever done. I was fortunate enough to be able to go w/my mom to China when she was finalizing the adoption (wow, what an experience!!!). My new little sister (who is almost 26 years younger than me) is not only the light of my mom and dad's lives, but my two sons just think their "aunt jade" is one of their favorite people in the world. Congrats on starting the adoption process and I wish you many years of happiness w/your soon to be new child!

3. DanWhite

DanWhite

Jul 10, 2005
    Lansdale PA
    Leigh,

Thanks for the kind words, two years ago my wife and I lost (Still borne) a full term baby. My wife had many complications during her pregnancy so this is why we chose to adopt.

Dan

4. Two of my children are adopted and they are a delight. I don't think of them any different than I do the other nine. Good for you and your wife for opening your home and heart to these little ones.

5. Adoption is a wonderful choice! My wife and I are adopting as well. It is a long road but it should be finalized in December. It will have taken 2 1/2 years. If you are using a local agency, I hope you have a lot of patience as there is a lot of red tape in Pennsylvania. It is worth it though. I wouldn't trade my daughter for anything.

6. Dan
    Congrats hope the process in painless for you and your wife.
    My schedule is busy but if we can come up with some mutual times I would be more than glad to help out. I work in Quakertown and live in Cherry Hill NJ. PM if interested.
    -Mike

7. DanWhite

DanWhite

Jul 10, 2005
    Lansdale PA
    Greg,

Thanks for the kind words, we are actually using a Multi State facilitation group in California. Frinds of ours have adopted 2 children through them and have had a wounderful experience.

Dan

8. Folks, this is the most heart warming thread I've come across in many a moon! I think every couple should have a baby to love and nurture, and every kid deserves to have parents that they can love and rely on when they're small, and torment when they're teenagers. God bless those who adopt... its the most loving act an adult can make.

9. Dan, congratz on your decision. I have to say that what you are doing is wonderful.

Your kid will be very lucky having you!

I wish I was close to Philly and help you out with the shooting... but... :confused:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2005