Looking for contests

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by David_S, Aug 6, 2005.

1. I was wondering if anyone here knew of some photo contests that are coming up in the next year. I love shooting for them as it gives me lots of motivation and sometimes a subject. I'm hoping to have the (if I do win) images published somewhere. I have found a few, but I have an ambitious project in mind this year. I'm planning on entering at least 30 contests in the next 12 months. I will be having many sleepless nights for the next year but I love to shoot.
    Any help would be appreciated.

David.

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    David, have you tried a google search. I think you could find a gazillion. :>)))

I should enter some. But every time i think about and look through pics , I say oh there not good enough..

3. Yes I have google'd it. Alot of responses, but some aren't very serious, or not available to Canadians (which I am) Or another issue I have discovered is alot of contests want full ownership to the rights of the image. And I don't want to see my image used for a ad campaign and not even get a mention.
    I have about 10-11 I am going to enter, but I thought I'd try here as well. I'm tapping into any resource I can think of, and this forum is a very valuable one.

David.

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    You are right David.

I would not want to give up the rights to an image.

Guess it isnt as easy as it looks.

I think these contests at time are just for that purpose. To get free gooooood stuff.

I think paul posted one / aka monty dog.