1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Looking for contests

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by David_S, Aug 6, 2005.

1. I was wondering if anyone here knew of some photo contests that are coming up in the next year. I love shooting for them as it gives me lots of motivation and sometimes a subject. I'm hoping to have the (if I do win) images published somewhere. I have found a few, but I have an ambitious project in mind this year. I'm planning on entering at least 30 contests in the next 12 months. I will be having many sleepless nights for the next year but I love to shoot.
    Any help would be appreciated.

David.

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    David, have you tried a google search. I think you could find a gazillion. :>)))

I should enter some. But every time i think about and look through pics , I say oh there not good enough..

3. Yes I have google'd it. Alot of responses, but some aren't very serious, or not available to Canadians (which I am) Or another issue I have discovered is alot of contests want full ownership to the rights of the image. And I don't want to see my image used for a ad campaign and not even get a mention.
    I have about 10-11 I am going to enter, but I thought I'd try here as well. I'm tapping into any resource I can think of, and this forum is a very valuable one.

David.

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    You are right David.

I would not want to give up the rights to an image.

Guess it isnt as easy as it looks.

I think these contests at time are just for that purpose. To get free gooooood stuff.

I think paul posted one / aka monty dog.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.