1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Looking for quick release camera strap

Discussion in 'Other Cool Gear, Camera Bags, Camera Straps' started by D300fan, Jul 26, 2009.

1. D300fan

D300fan

Mar 30, 2008
    Maryland
    Hello all

I've been looking for a quick release camera strap for some time...can't seem to find what I'm looking for! I'm looking for strap that has metal swivel clasps that connect to the camera. Does anyone have such a strap? Thanks in advance for your assistance:smile:

G

2. GH41

GH41

Nov 18, 2008
    HHI
    R stap??? GH

3. IsamuM

IsamuM Not-quite- Moderator

Jan 11, 2009
    Tokyo, Japan
    If you mean what I think you mean, then Op/Tech has a strap for bags that has metal swivel clasps. However, I don't think these are meant for use with cameras because the metal swivels could end up scraping against and scratching or otherwise damaging your camera body. If you don't care about that, then I think these will work. Op/Tech also has another bag strap for smaller bags, but I'm not sure if these clasps are metal or plastic.

Op/Tech has the biggest line of straps that I know of with many different options, so you might try looking through this list.

Finally, and you might already know this, most (all?) Op/Tech straps have quick release buckles although they're plastic. One advantage in the design is that these buckles are attached so that when you release a strap, the short ends on the camera can also be connected together to make a shorter strap.

Over the years, I've been very happy with the Op/Tech straps and have even made a bastardized Op/Tech-R-Strap for my own use.

4. I use a Black Rapid with a QR bracket mounted on it.

5. Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  6. Sangetsu

Sangetsu

Apr 18, 2009
    東金市
    Ditto on the Op/tech straps, the 2 models I use both have quick releases which work fine.

7. These clips on eBay are quite useful for converting an ordinary strap to quick release...

8. garyosborne

garyosborne Guest

9. splitpin

splitpin

Jul 29, 2009
    England
    i use the kata system you can also add sections to make it a longer strap

kata is great gear

10. lexdiamonnyc

lexdiamonnyc

Mar 23, 2009
    nj/nyc
    I use a LowePro Voyager C and PacSafe CarrySafe100.

So far I like the pacsafe strap better:smile:
    it just works for me:smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.