1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Looking for Replacement Cell Phone Battery

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NewBert, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Does anyone have a reliable online source for cell phone batteries? My phone is a Motorola E815 (about 3-4 years old), and the battery sometimes no longer lasts a full day. Verizon doesn't stock replacement batteries for this model anymore and apparently neither does Motorola.

I've searched online and all of the places that I've found that say that they have a replacement battery in stock have really lousy reviews.

I know that I could just get a new phone, but it galls me to have to do that (even if it might be free). All I want is to use the phone that I'm already used to without having to deal with the latest gadgets and gizmos. (In other words, I just want to make and receive phone calls without having to sign a new 2 year agreement with Verizon or anyone else.)

It seems like this should be simple. But, so far it's not.

Can someone help me out with this?

Thanks!

2. Bert, check e-bay for batteries...I just had to do the same thing on my 4yo Nokia E61 and found a used battery for $5 that holds its charge for 4 full days. New ones were over $50 and I remember that on a full charge I could go for 5 days on a single charge so that gave me a good indication of how old the battery was.

You never know you might get lucky!

3. davidC

davidC

Mar 10, 2009
    MD
    i've always used ebay for replacement batteries.

4. We here in the NW have stores called BatteriesPlus, not sure if they are in your area or have a website. When I had battery issues with my old phone, they had one, and at a reasonable price.

5. I used ebay for a couple replacement batteries and found that they weren't much better than what I had. So I went to Motorola and bought an extended-life battery and rear battery door. I'm very happy with my old KRZR again. In fact, I mangaged to go from Saturday evening to Tuesday night while only losing one bar in the charging meter - and I sent about 30 text messages, received even more, and spent over two hours talking on the phone. That's all I really want out of a cell phone.

6. Im sure if you called or emailed motorola/ verizon theyd be able to get you a replacement, or just a long lasting one.

7. i second the batteriesplus ....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.