Looking for the bookworm?

I drove home tonight, did not see the sandhill family so went to the library where my wife, daughter and grandson went to. It's one block off the road I see the sandhills. On the way out, the family was on the side of the road preening. These shots are all handheld at 1/250th a second with my 300 f4 and 1.4x on. I was across the entrance road. I shot at 640iso to get that shutter speed, wide open.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I dunno, Frank and Gordon leave the state, the weather clears up, the sandhills appear. I'm not saying anything, but... 8)

Real Name
Dave Watts
Backdoctor wrote
I dunno, Frank and Gordon leave the state, the weather clears up, the sandhills appear. I'm not saying anything, but

I think you may be onto something here.....

Amazing shots Harris, but I still don't believe that these guys actually exist. I mean, where were they when we were there?? 8)

Oh, yeah, I remember now, they finally showed up at the ball field, after you took them out of your trunk and inflated them.... :lol:

Just kidding. Great shots. :wink:

mike mac said:
The first one is sweet great shot looks great for IS640. So I take it when Frank was down the family was no where to be found
Mike,

The first time we went by the usual hangouts, they weren't there, but they were there when we got back from our visit with Birger. Only problem was that it was pretty dark by then. We did get some decent shots in spite of all that though.

Don't know how you do it,

handhold these shots at such low shutter speeds w/o VR! I know I couldn't do it! You must not drink much coffee? :wink: 1st and last really shows how thin that DOF really is. Very clean looking for that ISO too. Neat shot, Harris!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
greyflash said:
dmwphoto said:
Backdoctor wrote
I dunno, Frank and Gordon leave the state, the weather clears up, the sandhills appear. I'm not saying anything, but

I think you may be onto something here.....
I'm glad I could help with the weather and the sandhills. Nice shots Harris.
Gordon, not you, but Gordon Large. When he and Frank were here birds and dry weather were both scarce. :D

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom