Looking for the bookworm?

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Backdoctor, Jun 15, 2005.

1. I drove home tonight, did not see the sandhill family so went to the library where my wife, daughter and grandson went to. It's one block off the road I see the sandhills. On the way out, the family was on the side of the road preening. These shots are all handheld at 1/250th a second with my 300 f4 and 1.4x on. I was across the entrance road. I shot at 640iso to get that shutter speed, wide open.

original.

original.

original.

I dunno, Frank and Gordon leave the state, the weather clears up, the sandhills appear. I'm not saying anything, but... 8)

2. Backdoctor wrote
    I dunno, Frank and Gordon leave the state, the weather clears up, the sandhills appear. I'm not saying anything, but

I think you may be onto something here.....

3. sorry forgot to tell you, I love the shots

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Amazing shots Harris, but I still don't believe that these guys actually exist. I mean, where were they when we were there?? 8)

Oh, yeah, I remember now, they finally showed up at the ball field, after you took them out of your trunk and inflated them.... :lol:

Just kidding. Great shots. :wink:

5. The first one is sweet great shot looks great for IS640. So I take it when Frank was down the family was no where to be found

6. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Mike,

The first time we went by the usual hangouts, they weren't there, but they were there when we got back from our visit with Birger. Only problem was that it was pretty dark by then. We did get some decent shots in spite of all that though.

7. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Don't know how you do it,

handhold these shots at such low shutter speeds w/o VR! I know I couldn't do it! You must not drink much coffee? :wink: 1st and last really shows how thin that DOF really is. Very clean looking for that ISO too. Neat shot, Harris!

8. Harris, you have a mighty steady hand. Your shots are great. Keep it up.
    Pete

9. I'm glad I could help with the weather and the sandhills. Nice shots Harris.

10. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Great shots Harris...love the tack sharp images and the wonderful backgrounds. You make it look so easy!

11. Gordon, not you, but Gordon Large. When he and Frank were here birds and dry weather were both scarce. :D

12. Thanks all, didnt have the monopod so did what I could with what I had.