Looking for your comments on wet GG Owl

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Alvin Bates, Sep 19, 2008.

1. We were at the Calgary Zoo earlier this year as part of our 40th trip. This poor soggy fella was just too much to resist, trying to maintain owl dignity in a rainstorm. Feel free to comment please.

GGOwl_020.jpg

and a closeup

GGOwl_022.jpg

Taken with my (then) new D300 and 70-300VR.
    (I know this is cheating as he was caged, eh!)

2. Dave

Dave

Feb 7, 2007
    Suwanee, GA
    Well Al he may have been caged but at least the background doesn't show the cage itself. It's a nice shot but just a little soft (especially the 2nd one). Beautiful bird though.

3. Bolts

Bolts

May 7, 2007
    Tampa, Florida
    OffT - Welcome to the Cafe, Alvin, from another Heinlein fan! I've collected 30 or so of his books and I'm looking forward to my nephews reaching 13 y.o. so I can pass the early ones on and maybe 19 or so for the later ones.

OnT - Dave's right that your owl is a bit soft, but it is indeed a GORGEOUS creature, even soaking wet.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
    Robert A. Heinlein

4. OffT: Yup, heard that one too, and my house if full of women and cats! Bates' corollary: this leave the man to do as he pleases as long as it does not interfere with the women or cats.

OnT: I seem to sometimes have probs w/ telephotos not quite catching it, either with the 70-300VR or the 150-500 siggie. Working on it and improving - higher ISO and smaller f-stops helps increase DOF, which is often quite thin at close range.