Looking good at Verizon

Well we got it!!!

The union signed a tentative 3 year contract with Verizon. We thought we were gonna walk and be out for quite awhile, but both sides came to an agreement.... THANK GOD for the onstart of FIOS!!!

Now we'll see what the future holds for us in 3 years.......

Does no one want to share the joy that I can feed my family for another 3 years at least? :eek:

Joe, I'm gladfor both sides that labor action was not necessary. Enjoy the next 3 years of (relative) calm...

What's it going to coat the consumer! Watch the rates for "new" customers over the next three years. Your gains will cost somebody. Remember Companies do not pay taxes, people do. or in this case companies will just pass on the cost. Glad to hear your set for the next three years, but as a small business man who has to foot the cost, who going fix my income. Just like you, I will have to pay and pass along all the increase in the cost of doing business. You ask about sharing you joy, congrats but at what cost.

Thanx Jamaerca.

IAH-DF. It's going to cost me too. I'm a customer myself. I don't reap the millions of dollars that Verizon makes. I'm just a worker. And you're right I'm sure the price will continue to increase over the next three years at Verizon, the same way they will at Time Warner and CableVision.

With the 50% subscription hike coming up, Verizon is going to lose me as a customer anyway. So far the price difference with VOIP was so small that it wasn't worth the hassle. But why pay $40 per month if my cable provider charges me $25?

With the 50% subscription hike coming up, Verizon is going to lose me as a customer anyway. So far the price difference with VOIP was so small that it wasn't worth the hassle. But why pay $40 per month if my cable provider charges me $25?

I can't say that I blame you trying to save money. The only thing that this post was meant for was that I was happy that I'm not going to be out of work for weeks or months. I'm a salaried outside plant tech. Just a cog in the wheel trying to provide for my family. So any price increases really have nothing at all to do with me. The same way Verizon's prices increase so does every other busisness'.

Hey Joe

Congrats!! I'll hoist a beer tonight in your honor. Now you can visit B&H for some new "necessary" gear.:biggrin:

Cheers

Ted:smile:

Hehe thanx Teddy!! I'll be hoisting one along with ya!! :wink:

Although I wish I'd be hoisting one of those fine Canadian beers.....

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom