Looking out my front door ( large post 10 pics )

Discussion in 'Birds' started by mike mac, May 22, 2005.

1. Had a little spare time today so I camped out on the front deck for a while, it was kind of slow, this type of shooting requires patience you might get a shot every 15 or 20 minutes or so. all taken with the D2H with SB800 in TL/BL/FP mode with about -1 flash Ev applied. Used the Nikon 300f4 adn the 1.4 tele. Shot in A mode with aperture set to f8 and maybe one or two at f7.1 The camera seems to be working real nice since getting it back from service
    Male Goldfinches
    original.

original.

original.

A few finches
    original.

original.

Mournign Dove portrait

original.
    A few Sparrows

original.

original.

original.

Robin
    original.

2. Mike,
    These are excellent!

3. NeilCam

NeilCam

Feb 21, 2005
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Not a bad view Mike. :)

I love the Dove portrait.

Neil

4. Beside WOW ...

I wouldn't know what else to say except maybe, this is simply amazing work.

Kudos my friend.

5. simply awesome. cant say anymore.

6. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Great series Mike. What kind of plant is that (with the yellow buds)?

7. Beautiful images Mike. Your deck is the place to be for small bird photo's. Well done with excellent composition, focus, color, etc. What a variety.

8. Hi Mike, you really got some great shots. The little yellow ones look like Canaries. I really like the Bokeh in them.

9. OOOHHHHH......the dreaded RED X!! I hate when that happens!! :x :x :x

10. Very nice, Mike...those goldfinches look great!

11. thanks Dave I appreciate the kind words.

12. Thanks Neil, the dove was less than 10 feet from me

13. Mike, these are grand. Can you elaborate a bit more on the how you set up using the flash? I tired the other day and 2 things happened. #1, I blew out a lot of shots and #2 the birds would take off as soon as the flash went off. This tells me that a) I have no clue as to what I am doing and b) the flash rather overpowering :wink:

Thanks for the info, in advance. The use of flash for these types of shots is one thing I want to learn to do.

14. Re: Beside WOW ...

Thanks you my friend I apreciate it very much a great compliment coming from a man of your talents

15. Thanks Harris I appreciate that a very relaxing time hanging out waiting for these guys to come by

16. Thanks Frank, it is some type of evergreen just gettign its new buds.

17. Thanks Gordon I do wish soem differnt species will start comign by. I did hang a hummingbird feeder over the weekend woudl love to try my hand at those guys

18. Thanks I appreciate you takign the time to look and comment. I love the goldfinhces the males are so much brighter than these females

19. Sorry about that dawg...darn pbase! try again later

20. Why thanks for the kind words I have been following your posts and take that as a sincere compliment from a very good photographer.
    Thanks again