Looking Out

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Ppub101, Oct 16, 2005.

1. Ppub101

Ppub101

Oct 10, 2005
    Asheville NC
    Hey guys, this is a picture that I took some time ago, and I love it. I thought I would share it and see what you think. Its actually B&W and color. I love the color of the sky. But the lock is out of focus (on purpose). This kinda represents to me, one being trapped, and watching a beautiful world pass them by, while they are stuck in a horrilbe black and white kinda place. Tell me what you think. Thanks for your time.
    Paul
    Lock-It-up-Color-N-BnW.

2. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Paul,

Thank you for sharing this. It is very moving. I love the depth of field and the color to the sky. The barbed wire and the lock make the shot.

Could you tell us a little about the background. Where was this and what is its real life significance? Abandoned home, commercial building, or what? I'm dying to know.

Thanks again, and great capture.

3. FishSauce

FishSauce

Aug 10, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Great composition. I like the concept, well done.

Ben

4. Ppub101

Ppub101

Oct 10, 2005
    Asheville NC

This is actually down town Ashville NC, and i was just walking and shooting downtown like normal. I saw this beautiful sky and looked through the barbied wire and lock, and it made me have an epiphony (spelling?). Kinda how i felt, after highschool, all my friends are in college making a future, and I was being a looser working a dead end job, busting my A$$ to make someone else richer. So shortly after I quit my job (the picture was not the only reason, just one of many), and i started college, hopefully for a career in photography!

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Portrays that locked up feeling well.
    Good job

6. SRA

SRA

Jul 29, 2005
    Orem, Utah
    Nice capture. I'm visually digesting the dichotomy of pink sky and grey chain.

7. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    A very nice hard gritty composition. Very Nicely Done !

Regards

RFC