Looking the Ball In

Hello All,

I just started the post processing of my photos from this past Sunday. I play in a men's baseball league that plays some of our games at professional ballparks (minor and independent league). This game took place at Alexian Field, home of the independent league Schaumburg Flyers.

I decided this would be a great opportunity to get some shooting practice in. I just started editing and I've got a lot of photos to go through, but this one in particular grabed my attention. Please give me your honest opinion, comments and criticism are always welcome. Thanks!

1. Looking the ball in

346768746_dG7se-XL.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thanks for the nice compliments! I finally got around to uploading some more pictures from that day, so here are a few more.

347274986_FBWkf-X2.jpg

347271383_kUrVG-XL.jpg

347276009_gSThx-X2.jpg

347272350_d4sAh-XL.jpg

347273278_tQQ26-X2.jpg

346768262_xZuYC-XL.jpg

346799173_dJqHY-XL.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
awesome series
you really nailed these

thanks for sharing them with us

Thanks for the nice words Greg, I appreciate it.

Eight is great!

I'm kind of partial to 8 as well because it was a challenging shot. I was set up for taking shots of the pitcher with my 300mm prime, and was luckily able to get this play in focus and in frame very quickly. It felt good to be able to react quickly and get a nice shot.

Great shots. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Alan!

Great opening pic, and then the others you added were quite good. You really did a great job on these.

Lynn

Thanks for the nice feedback, I appreciate it!

These are all real good. In #2 you caught a good view of the batters face.
Too bad the stands were so empty.

Thanks! Unfortunately, the stands were empty for a couple of reasons. First, we're not definitely not professionals (although we do have some ex minor league and independent league players playing in our league) and the majority of the attendees sat on the other side of the stadium where there was more shade. Even so, I'd estimate that there were no more than 150 people there. But I definitely agree, having more people in the stands would have added to some of the captures.

Also, one thing that has become obvious to me after posting these photos is that I have to be more conscientious of making sure that my horizon lines are level (unless I'm trying something else out). 5, 6, 7, and to lesser extent 3 all suffer from this issue. It's especially obvious with the stands in the background. Sure, I can fix this in post, but I'll now take this aspect of composition into account more the next time I shoot. All apart of the learning process! :redface:

Latest threads

Top Bottom