1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Looking to borrow a 24-70

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by PLPhoto, Aug 2, 2009.

1. Here's a long shot; I have a small wedding to shoot in early September and my widest is a 50mm. I have a D700 and plan to use the 70-200 along with a wide zoom.

I'm also looking into renting, however, right now the 24-70s are out at the cheaper places.

Anyone in the Chelmsford Ma. area willing to lend one out? I'd have no problem either leaving a deposit or swapping a lens.

My lenses (that I won't be using);
    105mm f2.8
    180mm f2.8
    300mm f2.8 af-s II

Uncle Frank can vouch for me...I think:redface:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2009
  2. MD2595

MD2595

Jul 6, 2007
    Fort Worth, TX
    Do you mean the rental places are out now, or have them reserved for that time?

Try finding a local store that rents if the online places are out.

3. They don't ALL have them reserved, but the cheapest place does.

No one locally here rents them either.

4. Have you tried lensrentals.com? They have plenty of copies and their 1 week is 74 bucks. I have rentaed a 200-400 from them in the past and they are great. Lens came well packed and they include the return shipping label.

5. Yeah, I thought that was a bit steep, but might take that route since they have them.

6. BarkisPhoto

BarkisPhoto

Jul 20, 2007
    New England
    LJ has a full-frame ultra-wide zoom. I don't recall the particulars, but think it starts at something like 18mm or so. And, I have the good-old 28-105mm sitting on the shelf...

L8R,

7. I completely forgot about the 28-105.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.