1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Looking to do a printing comparison

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by Desmond, Jul 27, 2008.

1. I've been doing some printing tests , I take the same picture at iso 200 , 400, 800 and 1600 and print them all out [ at a lab ] 8X12 to see what the difference is in real prints . I did it again with my D70S at high iso and also compared a photoshop " jpeg max quality " [ 3400kb]to a " jpeg high quality " [ 790kb] printout .
    Now I want to do a comparison of the cameras jpeg fine vs normal vs basic but was wondering what type of subject would best bring out the 'worst' possible scenario ? [ as with the iso tests I took a picture out the lounge window with the inside of the room also showing underexposed areas to emphasize the noise ] .
    Since the jpeg compression applies to areas of colour would the best test be with a multi-coloured picture with large and small patches of colour ?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.