looks happy

Real Name
Randy
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Randy
Nice shot. Do you get a meter reading then use manual mode for BIF?
thanks Rodney
for this shot I used Auto ISO in Manual and Matrix meter. I know the pitfalls of Auto ISO and Matrix but they seem to deliver more success than trying to meter the scene and then shoot full Manual. This bird is a great example, with the crazy DR.

Good one.
thanks.....I was impressed by how well the D850 did with the light, this is close to SOOC

I've never used auto iso in manual mode. So you set the SS and aperture and the camera will vary the iso to get a "correct" exposure according to the meter, right? It's basically another semi auto mode that's very useable thanks to clean high iso.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
I've never used auto iso in manual mode. So you set the SS and aperture and the camera will vary the iso to get a "correct" exposure according to the meter, right? It's basically another semi auto mode that's very useable thanks to clean high iso.
Auto ISO is, for the most part, the only way I shoot wildlife. YOU choose aperture and SS, in MANUAL, and the camera chooses the ISO. HOWEVER! the Exposure Compensation button can still be used to adjust for white birds against blue skies, black bears, dark backgrounds, etc. I've used it for a several years.

Works like a charm!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom