1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Looks like I will be getting a chance to shoot an MMA event

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by ilockert, Jul 23, 2008.

1. So this will be my first attempt at shooting of of these. The lighting in the ring is really nice and I'm now down to one body, So I was thinking about using the 18-200 Vr on my D300.
    http://johnjphotography.smugmug.com/gallery/4650678_zZi4a#275495911_uUTdF
    Thats the link to the guy who is shooting them now, I was there working that event on the ambulance.

So do you feel the 18-200vr will do or shout I use my tamron17-50 2.8 I wont have the reach across the ring but Ill have a faster glass.
    the cage is a 24' circle figured that could help give you and idea and maybe someone can lead me in the right direction. Of course this isn't a pay gig I get free access backstage and all the goodies and they will post a link were people can by the pictures on there site. Which I figure isn't to bad considering im just getting started in thins.

2. I forgot to add I do have a sb-800 and sb-600, Not 100% sure on the rules of using those ringside.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.