Loony Toons

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Matt S, Sep 18, 2005.

1. Took out the barge (glorified floating dock with motor mount) for a lap around the lake yesterday afternoon. I managed a few shots of loons along the way. Being able to lay down a few inches off the water sure made the shots more dramatic. Hope you enjoy.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. What a great perspective Matt. I love the first and second images. Great color and DOF control.

3. bfjr

bfjr Guest

yes 1st and 2nd for sure
    love the look of these birds, and very good perspective

4. I agree about 1&2. #3 I just liked the color on the water. Also loons only have one or two chicks a year so catching one swiming with it's offspring was fun. I must admit that on #3 I did not get out of my lawn chair and therefore the perspective is not great. I was afraid that if I moved to a prone position I would spook them. Certianly the focus and pose of the birds could be better. Thanks for the responces.

5. Nice loons, Matt! Looks like you're getting well into the fall colors up there. They are starting down here, but are much more conspicuous at higher elevations.

6. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Great shots Matt. This version of the forum 'loses' the unread status of messages (it's supposed to be fixed in the next release), so I missed your thread until now. I wish that I had a floating dock with a motor sometimes when I'm over in Guntersville. Sure would make getting some flight shots easier. :smile:

7. Nice perspective I really enjoy the first two