Loosing EXIF data?

Can someone tell me why I am loosing my EXIF data when I link my picture from pbase? I can go to my pbase site, click on the original photo and view my exif data there, but when I have linked one to here, it is loosing it in the process.

I am saving my photos out of Nikon Capture as .jpeg, and not for the web, which I understand will strip the exif data.

Apparantly I am missing something somewhere.

Help appreciated.

Thanks.

I can't speak for pbase, but I know earlier this year SmugMug did a upgrade, after which they strip the EXIF from all but the "Original" size image. I don’t know if I can get it back if I upgrade to their pro version…but I’m not interested in that anyway.

I’ll be curious about pbase and this issue.

I can't speak for pbase, but I know earlier this year SmugMug did a upgrade, after which they strip the EXIF from all but the "Original" size image. I don’t know if I can get it back if I upgrade to their pro version…but I’m not interested in that anyway.

I’ll be curious about pbase and this issue.

I'll be darn, Mason, I just checked my pbase and it only comes up on the original and not the others. And the ones I uploaded here where the large size to keep the size down, and not the original.

I guess I will look into pbase then. This also did happen to me when I was at smugmug before I switched.

Thanks.

Answered.

Mason, that was it.

I just posted a picture as an original and the exif data shows up.

I'll do a little more research and see why it is stripped on the others.

Thanks.

George,

I'm glad to hear that. I know it comes up in conversation here about people with poor workflow or who are not considerate enough to leave the EXIF. Maybe sometimes but often it turns out be the hosting site. I like looking at it, too and am disappointed when it is missing (like in all my shots hosted on SmugMug).

Someone smarter than me maybe can explain the reasoning. I would understand if it was saving space, but compared to the image a little metadata shouldn’t add up to much?

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom