Losing Files

Discussion in 'Nikon Capture and View NX' started by Porchking, Jul 19, 2008.

1. I seem to be losing "some" files in NX2. They will show up in View NX and I can open them if I use "open with" and choose NX2. Even if I make changes and resave to the same location they will not show up in the NX2 browser. I seem to remember double clicking on a couple of these files a few days ago and they seemed to disappear. I restored them from the recycle bin and they show up in View NX and Windows Explorer but not in the NX2 browser. Any ideas?? I have copied them to a new folder, a new folder on another drive and they still don't show up. I can work around it with View NX but it would be nice if the NX2 browser didn't lose the files.

Mike

I forgot to mention that when I open NX1.3 and use that browser the pictures show up.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2008
  2. Problem solved

Thanks for the advice and warm welcome. I'm finding this board to be very helpful (and courteous). My problem was in the ratings. I had it checked to show only those with no stars. The missing pictures had 3 stars. When I clicked the show all they reappeared. It sure is nice when things (including the operator) work right..

3. I can't tell you how many times my heart has jumped into my throat because I made the same mistake. The two seconds required to realize what I had done are two seconds I really would prefer not having to live through again.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.