Lost and found - a glimpses from my home regio

While cleaning up my HD I found a complete directory of unprocessed NEFs from Sept./Oct. 2003 which I have obviously overlooked. I picked out four of them to give you an idea what the area looks like where I grew up.
All shot with D1X and Sigma 70-200
original.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Although spring has arrived, I hope you enjoy a few pics from early autumn.
Cheers

The third one is so unique.. Well done. Good eye.

Beautiful area. All very nice.

Thank you for sharing your part of life with us.

Cheers
Gale

Thanks Gale! No idea why the first one didn't work.
Another try
original.jpg

Lovely shots. Interesting that they could just as well have been taken in the wine country of Napa Valley, California. I have visited Austria and it is very beautiful there.

Harris, you ruin my idea of winter sports and snow with these extraordinary images... Where were these taken? I know byhand Arlberg Mountain, Salzburg, the Zillertal Valley, Obergurgl, Kitzsteinhorn/Kaprun, Wien of course... but these "French looking" vine fields... :shock:

Thanks all so far!

Panos Kazanelis said:
Harris, you ruin my idea of winter sports and snow with these extraordinary images... Where were these taken? I know byhand Arlberg Mountain, Salzburg, the Zillertal Valley, Obergurgl, Kitzsteinhorn/Kaprun, Wien of course... but these "French looking" vine fields... :shock:

These were taken in the far northeast of Austria. The province of Lower Austria which "circumflects" Vienna is subdivided into 4 quarters. The most northeastern one is called "Wine-quarter" (sic!) and is characterized by rolling hills with a lot of fields and interspersed patches of forest, but also some steppe areas and swamps. It is one of Austria's four famous Wine areas. I am not so fond of the local white wines (with a few exceptions) but there are some decent red ones.

A friend of mine even discovered another use for the wine plants:
Have you ever smelled the endearing fragrance of wine flowers? He is producing a parfume from them and it quickly became my favorite.
cheers

Harry,
Thanks for sharing these wonderful, unusual pictures.

I live in Florida and we don't have scenes like these so these are a special treat for me.

Thank you,
Gaye

GeeJay said:
Harry,
Thanks for sharing these wonderful, unusual pictures.

I live in Florida and we don't have scenes like these so these are a special treat for me.

Thanks Gaye! I am sure Florida has a lot of other scenery to be proud of.

Latest threads

Top Bottom