1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Lost DK-2 Eyepiece assembly, do I need to clean anything

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Steve S, Jun 29, 2005.

1. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    before replacing it?
    The story is that I lent my D2X, my Sigma 28-70 f2.8 + SB800 to my good friend & neighbor of 20 yrs, so he could shoot his daughter's beauty pageant. Ya, I know, what am I nuts!!? I really didn't want to go, but was willing to edit the pics for him, so I went ahead & lent it to him. She WON, btw! Well, anyway, he returned it while I was sleeping that night, and the next morning, I noticed the DK-2 assy was missing off the cam. DAY-IM! :evil:
    Just got the replacement parts, some 5 days after it came off. Been using it without anything on it since it became MIA, and beleive me, THAT's a pia!

So, do I need to clean anything before putting the DK-2 back on? What behind that eyepiece anyway? Looks like another piece of glass in there maybe? :? Is it te mirror? If so, what, & how do I go about doing this?

2. Steve,
    Had the same thing happen to me with a DK-2 and I have heard from others who have had it happen to them. Get a DK-19, it will stay on much better than the DK-2. Check out the threads on the DK-17m for some additional info on the DK-2/19.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.