Lost DK-2 Eyepiece assembly, do I need to clean anything

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Steve S, Jun 29, 2005.

1. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    before replacing it?
    The story is that I lent my D2X, my Sigma 28-70 f2.8 + SB800 to my good friend & neighbor of 20 yrs, so he could shoot his daughter's beauty pageant. Ya, I know, what am I nuts!!? I really didn't want to go, but was willing to edit the pics for him, so I went ahead & lent it to him. She WON, btw! Well, anyway, he returned it while I was sleeping that night, and the next morning, I noticed the DK-2 assy was missing off the cam. DAY-IM! :evil:
    Just got the replacement parts, some 5 days after it came off. Been using it without anything on it since it became MIA, and beleive me, THAT's a pia!

So, do I need to clean anything before putting the DK-2 back on? What behind that eyepiece anyway? Looks like another piece of glass in there maybe? :? Is it te mirror? If so, what, & how do I go about doing this?

2. Steve,
    Had the same thing happen to me with a DK-2 and I have heard from others who have had it happen to them. Get a DK-19, it will stay on much better than the DK-2. Check out the threads on the DK-17m for some additional info on the DK-2/19.