Lost In The '50's

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by 57corvette, Sep 19, 2008.

1. Trying to tweak the car to look like something out of Stanley Mouse's catalog ...... but not go too over the top with the rest. Hope it works ......

lostinthe50sframed.gif

Regards,

Bob

2. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    I like it Bob

Looks good to me

Best wishes

Ray

3. Thanks ray ..... always appreciated.

Regards,

4. RvUsa

RvUsa

Feb 15, 2008
    Darlington, Pa
    Wow, that is cool! I like it a lot, but as a car guy, the out of round wheels drive me nuts... but that is just me! I hope I can do things like this some day. Thanks for sharing.

5. Really cool

Really cool - really like it

6. John,

Thanks for looking and posting .. really appreciated. The whole car was tweaked to resemble the cars drawn by Big Daddy Roth and Stanley Mouse. In another post,
    https://www.nikoncafe.com/vforums/showthread.php?t=189230 I not only tweaked the car but added a cartoon rat ala Rat Fink. This one I wanted the car to look this way, but keep the rest a little more normal. Not sure if it works ... but I do like to try new and different approaches.

Dude,

Thanks so much for looking and taking the time to post .......... much appreciated.

Best,

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  7. RvUsa

RvUsa

Feb 15, 2008
    Darlington, Pa
    Oh don't get me wrong.... I wasn't saying it was "wrong" or needed changed. The wheels just bugged ME, lol. Its a weird thing I have.... I love your image, it is amazing, I wish I could do that!

I saw your other post too, I just didn't post because I saw this one first and didn't want to repeat my self saying cool, and nice :)

I love the rat fink, and roth, you did him justice IMHO.

I would love to know how you did it, my PS experience is limited to, well nothing LOL.

8. John,

Ray wrote a tutorial on using the pen tool for these cars .... that would be a good starting place. You will find it here: http://tutiki.org/w/index.php/Pen_Tool_Tutorial

I hope that helps ... thanks again for looking.

Best,