Lost Merritt Island 4 Images

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Louis Champan, Jun 27, 2007.

1. I can’t believe it myself. A few days ago while out shooting I came to the point where I needed to stick in a new CF card in my camera, so I did, but was surprised when I had only shot about 20 shots and it was full again. Well that evening while uploading the CF card to my PC I started noticing shots from MI4. Much to my surprise and delight I had somehow overlooked an entire card of shots while at the Venice Rookery.

So here are a few of those lost images, shot with D2H & 300/f4 lens:

original.

original.

original.

original.

original.

original.

original.

original.

Louie

2. Outstanding Louie, that would have been quite a loss!

3. Glacier

Glacier

Jan 17, 2006
    Boaz, Alabama
    Geez Louie how could you forget these? :tongue: They are definitely NOT forgettable! All of these are wonderful!

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    As much as I totally HATE to admit it Louie, I have this same problem -- way too often. I'm old, so I could give myself a pass on this. What in the world is your excuse?!?? :biggrin: :biggrin:

Most excellent set, even if it is 4 months late. :rolleyes: :smile:

5. Glad you found them looks like a lot of great images, I like th eone where the GBH's are "kissing"

6. Good grief Louie. Your lost shots are better than my found ones.

Great shots.

7. Great series, Louie! I'm glad you hadn't reformatted!

8. Ok Louie, my excuse is that I am on the Sally Fields medication, what is yours:tongue::biggrin::rolleyes:!! Really brilliant pics!!

Nancy

9. Nice shots Louie!

Anthony

10. Really Great set Louie

Glad you found those beauties!!

11. Awesome shot Louie!

12. A beautiful set, Louie. Isn't it nice when things like this happen - like putting on a winter jacket and finding a $20 bill in the pocket! :biggrin:

13. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Glad you found these wonderful shots.

14. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Glad you did not format before shooting.
    Marvelous image

15. Louie, you really got some great images here. Those kissing herons are really cool. Glad you found these as it would have been a real shame to have lost them. Remind me to drive next time as I don't want to get LOST!!! LOL

16. Thanks Frits. I'm sure glad I looked before formatting.

17. Thanks Andy. I guess I just shot too many while in Florida being the haven tha it is for wildlife shooting. But I'm sure glad that I found it.

18. Thanks Frank. I don't have any excuse other than general forgetfulness, which my wife continuously accusing me of having. But I guess it just got stuck in the back of one of my CF wallets.

19. At first I found the commentary hilarious. . . . and then sad. . . . and then the true importance of such an admission came to me as a definition.

Definition- "great photographer"
    someone who can see and then shoot and then totally forget the "Kissing Herons" image. :)

20. Great find...twice!! Those Great Blue Heron pair shots are excellent!