LOST! Tripod@Canyonlands Nat'l Park

Real Name
Rodney
I never thought of posting this until now, but I lost this tripod in Dec. Gitzo Carbon fiber (not sure the number, it is the very first Gitzo CF made) with AcraTech II (yes, brand new) ball head.

It was lost near the trail to Mesa Arch in Canyonlands National Park, Utah. Basically how I did it was stupid, but I know you are all curious. Well, I was on the trail, and I saw a heard of deer. I mounted my 70-200VR lens and followed them a bit off trail, through some snow. Then I decided to drop the pod and pick it up after I got some shots. Well, I tracked them a ways, for maybe 10-15 mins. When I tried to find the pod, I couldn't!

Now it was suggested to me that someone picked it up, but there was no one else there! This was the week before Christmas and the place was a ghost town.

I looked for 3 hours that day and 2 hours again the next day. It seemed impossible as the trail and the area isn't that big, but I never found it. I lost it on the eastern end of the loop, on the WEST side of the trail, where the trail flattens out after having left the arch area.

I did file a report at the ranger station, but haven't heard anything at all.

If you find it, I'll pay for shipping to me and a nice reward. Find it and I'll tell you how much!

SRA

Sorry about your loss. I just returned from visiting the same arch last week. Plenty of tourists but no gitzo tripods.

I took it. Just kidding. I know first hand what it is to lose a tripod...especially one that you just loved. Some can be very pricey.

Real Name
Rodney
Wait a minute, you lost this thing back in Dec?
Yes, I replaced it immediately upon returning home and haven't thought about it much. I'm not fretting over it. Just thought about posting here.

I realize it is most likely long gone. I guess I could have made flyers and posted them all over Moab, but that's just not the kind of thing I do.

Latest threads

Top Bottom