Lots of gear for sale need assistance

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Howdy! I'm back home.....

Melodee is a very sweet lady and great hostess! I got through about 90% of Randy's gear. Items were scattered over 3 rooms and empty boxes were stacked in the walk--in closet. The walk-in closet is now pretty much empty. It took me about 15-16 hours...working constantly and fairly quickly. But Randy and I had a lot of common gear and it was pretty easy for me to know when something was missing, etc.

Although I had most of the Nikon boxes, I cannot guarantee that the box now contains every piece that was in the original box. I have photographed the contents of the box as it is today........ As you would expect, there were miscellaneous small items, spare parts, odd and ends, a box of various straps, etc. in drawers and boxes that I did not attempt to inventory.

I sorted, examined, evaluated and photographed (160 images):

3 cameras
12 lenses
15 bags
6 lens cases
4 LensCoat hoodies
Monopod and 2 ball heads
SD and XQD cards

Now I will process the images, look up any info I might be missing on certain items, and check current re-sale values. This will take me several days.

Once Melodee and I set sale prices, I will post the items for sale here on NikonCafe.

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
Wade, you remember that, too!!! :) The gathering in Huntsville at the Bramletts' home, the game we were playing, and as Rich was happily clutching his prize, Carolyn moaned, "Richard! Not ANOTHER camera bag!!"
Yes, a cherished memory!

Real Name
Colin Carter
Colin, duplicating and moving this to a few forums to help out. whoever you and she selects, have them drop me a note so we can assist with the sale, usually you must own the gear you sell, but under circumstances such as this we of course make allowances.

Good luck. Wade
Hi Wade,

I have just spoken to Melodee and she asked me to thank you for allowing her to make this post reaching out to members for help.

Karen has been down helping Melodee catalogue all of Randy's equipment which, when the time comes, im sure some or all will appear on the forum for sale.

Thanks again, its much appreciated

Best wishes

Colin.

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
Hi Wade,

I have just spoken to Melodee and she asked me to thank you for allowing her to make this post reaching out to members for help.

Karen has been down helping Melodee catalogue all of Randy's equipment which, when the time comes, im sure some or all will appear on the forum for sale.

Thanks again, its much appreciated

Best wishes

Colin.
You are welcome Colin, I spoke with Karen on the phone a few days ago, about the process and her visit, and please assure Melodee that the Cafe has her back. I am also thankful, that Randy did start selling some of his larger more expensive lenses earlier in the year and when his health was deteriorating, (to try and avoid her having to deal with everything,) however, there are lots of very nice items still available. Also, everyone should really thank Karen for her literally spending days gathering and organizing his equipment, imaging said equipment, finding pieces of gear in closets, drawers, etc. She also spent very long hours of driving in traffic to and from their house and her home in TN. She is what the Nikon cafe spirit is all about. Props to Karen, Butlerkid.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
I've processed almost all the photos I took. I spent this morning looking up current used prices for most of the items. I also traded text messages with Melodee this morning. She will be out this afternoon, but I will call her this evening and go over comps and suggested pricing.

I wish I were closer!!!! She has no shipping boxes, etc. So getting items ready for shipping will take a bit longer than many buyers are used to.

BUT - most of the items appear like new! VERY well cared for - as was typical of Randy!

We are leaving Nov 1 for a 3 week trip to Texas. So I hope to get items listed and be available to guide Melodee as much as I can over the next couple of weeks. (And I need to get ready for the trip also! LOL!)

McQ

Just your average, everyday moderator.
Real Name
Glenn
I've processed almost all the photos I took. I spent this morning looking up current used prices for most of the items. I also traded text messages with Melodee this morning. She will be out this afternoon, but I will call her this evening and go over comps and suggested pricing.

I wish I were closer!!!! She has no shipping boxes, etc. So getting items ready for shipping will take a bit longer than many buyers are used to.

BUT - most of the items appear like new! VERY well cared for - as was typical of Randy!

We are leaving Nov 1 for a 3 week trip to Texas. So I hope to get items listed and be available to guide Melodee as much as I can over the next couple of weeks. (And I need to get ready for the trip also! LOL!)
Karen, thank you!
This was a totally selfless and generous thing to do. You're simply the best!

I think Randy would be so, so pleased to know that his gear will soon be in the loving hands of various Cafe members he has known for years......just as they will be happy and honored to have something which was Randy's and which he used so masterfully to create stunning images time after time.......

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom