Lotus from Kenilworth NPS

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Vienna Pics, Jul 5, 2008.

1. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    I decided this year's Lotus theme is Peak-a-boo! So, that means i am going to look for lotus that are 'hiding' or sorta hiding. Went to kenilworth Park & Aquatic Gardens this morning, before and during todays light drizzle and captured some lotus. They came out 2 weeks earlier than normal this year. I plan to go in the morning and probably will be it for lotus this year. Enjoy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More can be found at: http://mserfass.smugmug.com/gallery/5332633_jg9L3/1/325946168_RgZpZ

2. KristinB

KristinB

Apr 12, 2007
    Stafford, VA
    Mark,

These (and the rest in your gallery) are just lovely! I like this year's theme, too... :smile:

3. An unusual flower for me, and just beautiful images! Thanks, I think 2 is my fav.

4. whoa....
    those are great
    #s 1 and 4... incredible

thanks for sharing these with us, mark

5. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    Thank you Kristin - the lotus really had a different look after last nights ran - also no dragons and no bees were out - maybe the two weeks are having an impact on them.

Thank you Tom - I was so surprised to see these last year and how the grew and how tall they got - they are an unusual flower - really different than the water lillys.

Any time - thank you.

6. Very nice!! I like 1 and 4 but all hold there own, well done!

7. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    Thank you very much!

8. Mark, these are very nice. I personally like the 1st one the best. All have great color and detail. Nice series.

9. rotxlk82

rotxlk82

Jul 20, 2007
    UK
    Very nice, in particular 2 and 4

10. Fab shots Mark.... #1&3, really beautiful...

11. Very nice Mark. Where is the park located?? I was planning to visit Lilypons in Germantown, but maybe I can incorporate this park into our vacation too.

12. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    Thanks Rich!

Thank you!

And, Thank you as well!

Thank you Crystall - if it is the same Lilypons that I know - it's closer to Frederick Maryland - good drive between these two - Kenilworth is in SE DC on the river. Use www.nps.gov to find kenilworth and a map. Mark

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2008