Lotus from Kenilworth NPS

I decided this year's Lotus theme is Peak-a-boo! So, that means i am going to look for lotus that are 'hiding' or sorta hiding. Went to kenilworth Park & Aquatic Gardens this morning, before and during todays light drizzle and captured some lotus. They came out 2 weeks earlier than normal this year. I plan to go in the morning and probably will be it for lotus this year. Enjoy

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

More can be found at: http://mserfass.smugmug.com/gallery/5332633_jg9L3/1/325946168_RgZpZ

Mark,

These (and the rest in your gallery) are just lovely! I like this year's theme, too... :smile:
Thank you Kristin - the lotus really had a different look after last nights ran - also no dragons and no bees were out - maybe the two weeks are having an impact on them.

An unusual flower for me, and just beautiful images! Thanks, I think 2 is my fav.
Thank you Tom - I was so surprised to see these last year and how the grew and how tall they got - they are an unusual flower - really different than the water lillys.

whoa....
those are great
#s 1 and 4... incredible

thanks for sharing these with us, mark
Any time - thank you.

Mark, these are very nice. I personally like the 1st one the best. All have great color and detail. Nice series.
Thanks Rich!

Very nice, in particular 2 and 4
Thank you!

Fab shots Mark.... #1&3, really beautiful...
And, Thank you as well!

Very nice Mark. Where is the park located?? I was planning to visit Lilypons in Germantown, but maybe I can incorporate this park into our vacation too.
Thank you Crystall - if it is the same Lilypons that I know - it's closer to Frederick Maryland - good drive between these two - Kenilworth is in SE DC on the river. Use www.nps.gov to find kenilworth and a map. Mark

Last edited by a moderator:
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom