Lotus from Kenilworth NPS

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Vienna Pics, Jul 5, 2008.

1. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    I decided this year's Lotus theme is Peak-a-boo! So, that means i am going to look for lotus that are 'hiding' or sorta hiding. Went to kenilworth Park & Aquatic Gardens this morning, before and during todays light drizzle and captured some lotus. They came out 2 weeks earlier than normal this year. I plan to go in the morning and probably will be it for lotus this year. Enjoy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More can be found at: http://mserfass.smugmug.com/gallery/5332633_jg9L3/1/325946168_RgZpZ

2. KristinB

KristinB

Apr 12, 2007
    Stafford, VA
    Mark,

These (and the rest in your gallery) are just lovely! I like this year's theme, too... :smile:

3. An unusual flower for me, and just beautiful images! Thanks, I think 2 is my fav.

4. whoa....
    those are great
    #s 1 and 4... incredible

thanks for sharing these with us, mark

5. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    Thank you Kristin - the lotus really had a different look after last nights ran - also no dragons and no bees were out - maybe the two weeks are having an impact on them.

Thank you Tom - I was so surprised to see these last year and how the grew and how tall they got - they are an unusual flower - really different than the water lillys.

Any time - thank you.

6. Very nice!! I like 1 and 4 but all hold there own, well done!

7. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    Thank you very much!

8. Mark, these are very nice. I personally like the 1st one the best. All have great color and detail. Nice series.

9. rotxlk82

rotxlk82

Jul 20, 2007
    UK
    Very nice, in particular 2 and 4

10. Fab shots Mark.... #1&3, really beautiful...

11. Very nice Mark. Where is the park located?? I was planning to visit Lilypons in Germantown, but maybe I can incorporate this park into our vacation too.

12. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    Thanks Rich!

Thank you!

And, Thank you as well!

Thank you Crystall - if it is the same Lilypons that I know - it's closer to Frederick Maryland - good drive between these two - Kenilworth is in SE DC on the river. Use www.nps.gov to find kenilworth and a map. Mark

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2008
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.