Lotus from Kenilworth NPS

I decided this year's Lotus theme is Peak-a-boo! So, that means i am going to look for lotus that are 'hiding' or sorta hiding. Went to kenilworth Park & Aquatic Gardens this morning, before and during todays light drizzle and captured some lotus. They came out 2 weeks earlier than normal this year. I plan to go in the morning and probably will be it for lotus this year. Enjoy

325938481_CKrKZ-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

325939392_WsoMH-L.jpg

325944520_BNZym-L.jpg

325946168_RgZpZ-L.jpg

More can be found at: http://mserfass.smugmug.com/gallery/5332633_jg9L3/1/325946168_RgZpZ

Mark,

These (and the rest in your gallery) are just lovely! I like this year's theme, too... :smile:

Thank you Kristin - the lotus really had a different look after last nights ran - also no dragons and no bees were out - maybe the two weeks are having an impact on them.

An unusual flower for me, and just beautiful images! Thanks, I think 2 is my fav.
Thank you Tom - I was so surprised to see these last year and how the grew and how tall they got - they are an unusual flower - really different than the water lillys.

whoa....
those are great
#s 1 and 4... incredible

thanks for sharing these with us, mark

Any time - thank you.

Very nice Mark. Where is the park located?? I was planning to visit Lilypons in Germantown, but maybe I can incorporate this park into our vacation too.

Mark, these are very nice. I personally like the 1st one the best. All have great color and detail. Nice series.
Thanks Rich!

Very nice, in particular 2 and 4
Thank you!

Fab shots Mark.... #1&3, really beautiful...
And, Thank you as well!

Very nice Mark. Where is the park located?? I was planning to visit Lilypons in Germantown, but maybe I can incorporate this park into our vacation too.
Thank you Crystall - if it is the same Lilypons that I know - it's closer to Frederick Maryland - good drive between these two - Kenilworth is in SE DC on the river. Use www.nps.gov to find kenilworth and a map. Mark

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest threads

Top Bottom