Lotus

Here's another image that I got during my visit to the Chicago Botanic Garden. Shot with a Sigma 70-200.
Mike
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Absolutely gorgeous Mike. I love the isolation that you've gotten here. Looks almost surreal. :wink:

Outstanding image, Mike. I have never seen a flower like that before. Tack sharp image of a beautiful flower.

Beautiful capture of a very strange flower!!!??? I've never seen a stamen like that one - almost manmade looking. Amazing what Mother Nature throws our way, isn't it?

To all that responded. Thanks for all the kind words.

Frank (Flew), it's not difficult to get the separation. The stem is almost 24" and the flower stands alone.

Leigh, I've only seen that flower in the Botanic Garden where I shoot. But it has an enormous collection, from cactus to watermelon.

Frank (Eng45ine) You really should try the Botanic Garden. If you contact me, we could arrange to go there together.

Sandi, What was amazing to me was that the stamen was hard to the touch. I thought it would be soft and velvety.

Dave, Next time I'm there I'll check

Mike,

I love this image. I had no idea that the stem was that tall or that the stamen was hard to the touch. I am planning a trip to Brookside Gardens and Lilypons. I hope to find a few specimens. Thank you for sharing such an amazing flower.

Brett,
The water is the background. Each flower in the pond is somewhat isolated and you're able to shoot down on it.

Thanks to all who liked the shot.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom