1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Louis Stettner & Brassai Exhibits at SFMOMA

Discussion in 'Special Sessions, Events, and Tour Announcements' started by Replytoken, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Replytoken

Replytoken

Jan 12, 2018
    Puget Sound
    Ken
    SFMOMA currently has both the works of Louis Stettner and Brassai on exhibit. If you like silver gelatin B/W prints and the Humanist style of both of these photographers, then I strongly encourage you to see these exhibits if you are in San Francisco. I saw them this weekend and found them to be a real treat, especially since Stettner considered Brassai a friend and mentor.

Each exhibit takes up five or six rooms, and the images are nicely spaced apart, so viewing is easy. Both exhibits have a nice variety of well known and lesser known works so it was nice to see some new and familiar works. I had the pleasure of meeting Lou and spending some time with him and his wife both in Paris and in the US about 15 years ago. His name is not as well known in the US as some of his contemporaries, but he did have an exhibit at the Centre Georges Pompidou in 2016 shortly before his death.

--Ken

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.