Love in her eyes . . .

Discussion in 'People' started by Joe Marques, May 30, 2005.

1. I was so happy to catch this candid expression of my daughter looking at her little brother. She's his "2nd Mommy". 9+ years age difference is a wonderful dynamic to observe. I wish I caught her right eye as well but I'll take it since it's a pure look of love.

[​IMG]

How could she not love the little bugger - look at how cute he is (from the very biased Dad). :D

[​IMG]

BTW, I thought the hat gave this a timeless look so I converted to toned B&W. Both shot with my new favorite lens - 135L f2. Sweet bokeh and superb sharpness (although a little soft on the 2nd shot - f2 and a toddler is a tough combo).

2. Robear

Robear Guest

Lovely

Lovely shots.

3. Very nice Joe.
    My 13 y/o daughter is a joy to me so I know exactly how you feel about her. I'm trying to get her to grow up a little slower but I'm failing.

You have reinforced something I already know...my next new acquisition will be a 135DCf2. That's the range I'm most often in with my 70-200.

Good to have you still posting with your "brand-x" equipment. It is nice to be at the point that the brain and the eye matter rather than the camera, given the profusion of good gear all around.

4. Joe, ten years from now when you look back on the pictures you took from this time period, I'm sure these will be some of your favorites. That first pic is an absolutely wonderful capture, congratulations!

5. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    you are so lucky

Your children are young in this wonderful age of digital photography. I would love to have taken pictures of my girls like this when they were little. We do have lots of snapshots and home videos, but nothing like these wonderful pictures.

6. Re: Lovely

Thanks very much Robear. :D

7. Thanks so much Vernon. This place still has the welcome mat out so I'm still here. :) Trying to keep the posts focused on subject and not gear to avoid any potential problems.

It's funny but I also found myself in the 135 range of the 70-200 VR. Must have been my "eye memory" from using my 180 2.8 so much on my N90. Now that was another special piece of glass. So sharp, wonderful contrast and the bokeh - again masterful.

As for kids growing too fast - no matter how hard we try to freeze time a photo is our only hope. :)

8. Thanks very much David. I certainly feel fortunate to have caught that look.

9. Re: you are so lucky

Thank you so much Terri. You're on the money with your observation. I look at my own childhood pics - blurry, grainy, washed out color - and those were the keepers. ;) Polaroids were actually well exposed shots. :D

I cannot imagine what's "next" for us?

Regards,

Joe

10. Simon

Simon

Apr 30, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    Joe,

You grabbed the moment alright - nicely captured.

As a parent too, I well recognise these times and take alot of family moments also.

Your daughter almost looks like he has claimed "ownership" of your boy, a wonderful bind if you ask me.

11. PJohnP

PJohnP

Feb 5, 2005
    Joe :

I wouldn't worry too much about the gear issue. I've pointed several people to the Cafe who are Canon shooters because we have such a supportive group - capable of looking at the photo with experienced and thoughtful eyes. Getting good feedback is one of the advantages of the Cafe, regardless of the gear in use.

Insofar as I'm concerned, I'm quite curious about how the Canon gear is working for you, and I look forward to your comments about the relative merits or lack with specific items. After all, you're much better qualified to comment about the issues having used so much Nikon gear.

As for the photos, it's always a delight to see your beautiful children, especially when so well captured by you in your work.

John P.

12. Greg

Greg

Apr 5, 2005
    Fayetteville, TN
    both awesome shots

13. Joe, that is precious!! :D :D :D

14. Thank you Simon. You are right about the "ownership" - they have a wonderful connection. :D

15. Thanks John, I really appreciate this post - very nice thoughts. BTW, if you haven't seen my post about the switch here's the link:

https://www.nikoncafe.com//forums/viewtopic.php?t=4253&highlight=

For those of you who don't know - I was asked by a few NC members to make such a post explaining my rationale.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  16. Thanks very much Greg. :)

17. Thanks Bryan. :D

18. obelix

obelix

Mar 17, 2005
    Fremont, CA, USA
    Sweet shots Joe. Glad you have settled down on the new gear :)

19. PJohnP

PJohnP

Feb 5, 2005
    Joe :

Yup, I read that discussion. It was a rational decision for your needs, and I certainly can't argue with it. I do miss the opportunity to read about your exploits with Nikon gear, but now I can honestly read about Canon gear from a man who's done work I very much respect, and can therefore read with confidence. Good stuff.

Me, I kinda doubt that I'll be switching. I'm having too much fun with "old" Nikon gear like my 55mm f/1.2 CRT these days. And someday... someday, I'll get a body like the D2X. Maybe. :lol:

John P.

20. Thank you very much anand. :)