Love my 105 VR but

In my opinion if you need a longer macro lens then get the Sigma or a 200MM Nikkor. But since you already have the 105 why not try a Canon 500D close-up lens on your 300 or a TC-17 on your 300 (if its an AFS). If you don't like it you could sell either one very easily. I use both the TC-14 and 17 on my VR with very good results.

I don't think he owns a 300 f4 now, or as far as that goes, probably anything left in his signature Gregg... lol.

Mike, I recommend, sell the 105VR, get the 180, sell it, get the 200 micro, and sell it. Then rebuy the 105VR, sell, it, and......

Want To Do A Trade?

I'm looking for a 105VR and have a 200 f4 AF-D...we could perhaps apply the 105VR towards it?

I don't think he owns a 300 f4 now, or as far as that goes, probably anything left in his signature Gregg... lol.

Mike, I recommend, sell the 105VR, get the 180, sell it, get the 200 micro, and sell it. Then rebuy the 105VR, sell, it, and......

I reccommend not giving Mike a hard time... it is his money. :biggrin:

Don, Mike and I have an understanding, I buy his stuff frequently, but I still get to give him a hard time at will... :tongue:

He truly is the best thing to hit my area since the Nikon distribution center.

For the record, I can relate about the longer macro. I don't really like crawling around on my stomach to shoot stuff. not really.

200 micro, so tempting. But I can't.

Don, Mike and I have an understanding, I buy his stuff frequently, but I still get to give him a hard time at will... :tongue:

He truly is the best thing to hit my area since the Nikon distribution center.

Doug... sorry... I didnt know that you were just joking... I felt bad for him. :biggrin: :biggrin: He seems to be the Cafe whipping boy. :wink:

Don

He's a good sport, takes it all in stride I think... He knows we are all just razzing him.

I can't really talk about indecisive buying and selling. I've sold and rebought about 4 lenses myself! It's a sickness.

N

Nuteshack

mike's a smart guy ...just think what it would cost u to rent all this stuff...it's win win for everyone, imho...;-)

Ahh ha Doug bad mouthing me when my back was turned. See if I ever give you anymore good deals LOL. Yes Mike isn't mad about any of this but it is a sickness. But I don't drink or smoke so what better bad habit to have???? And yes i got Jims 200 and very excited, if it doesn't work out I can always list it and get another 105 VR imo one heck of a fine lens.

Mike

Oh I forgot I have so many Canon people wanting back on their side they miss my selling LOL But I am more than happy with the Nikon

Oh I forgot I have so many Canon people wanting back on their side they miss my selling LOL But I am more than happy with the Nikon

Mike, their loss our gain :biggrin: :biggrin: I do agree it is a sickness and some handle it better than others or atleast do not admit. I must give it to you .... you are such a great sport.

I had the Sigma 180 and the Tamron 180; they are both superb lenses. I've been shooting with the Nikkor 200AFD for the past few years, and it is simply THE finest macro lens I have ever had my hands on. There is a quality to the images from this lens that are difficult to articulate. Additionally, it handles beautifully (MF feel and tripod collar are one-of-a-kind), and is as solid as you can get. I've heard some say its heavy, but I think its mass aids in stability (and I actually don't find it to be objectionably heavy). It does not autofocus fast enough to be a utility lens. If you need an autofocus lens in this range then the Sigmas are very good; the Tamron is great, but doesn't AF that much faster than the Nikkor. The 200AFD is worth some sacrificing to add to your bag!

Latest threads

Top Bottom