1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Lovely Brown Bear Fishing

Discussion in 'Other Animals' started by drr1531, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Testing software recently got me digging through the files. I'm pretty sure that this is the same bear from the thread that I posted a couple of days ago. She was a beauty but had funny looking ears and one that went awry every once in a while. But not in this sequence.

D4, AF-S 80-400
    1/800s f8 ISO1000

1) Beautiful bear
    p3380646857-6.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2) Got one
    p3380646860-6.jpg

3) I think I was set up where she wanted to sit down and enjoy her meal.
    p3380646858-6.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  2. Jeff1

Jeff1

Mar 26, 2017
    Ferndale, WA
    Jeff
    Nice series! I like 1 and 3 the best. Jeff

3. Nice captures. THe fur seems a bit oversharpened to me - sort of too hard instead of furrish. Does that make sense?

4. Beautiful bear indeed! Beautiful bear on my bucket list...Bucket is getting full and I need to do something about it! Nikon Cafe Alaska meet?

5. #1 for me
    Superb work Dan

6. Thanks for commenting, Jeff. Yeah broadside shots like no.2 just don't have that much pizazz do they?
    Thanks for the comments, Allan. I hadn't deleted the PSD files yet so I went back to make sure. Other than the LR "standard" export sharpening the only one with any sharpening applied is no.3. I did selectively apply what ON1 calls a "sunshine" filter which warms and stretches the histogram. Other than that she's just got a wet, bristly coat. One downside of shooting on a stream is that you rarely get any shots of dry bears.
    I'm up for it :) 
    Thanks, Randy.

7. Wonderful set- really well done!

8. Butlerkid

Butlerkid Cafe Ambassador Moderator

Apr 8, 2008
    Rutledge, Tennessee
    Karen
    Lovely set! #1 for me!

9. For me it's #1 and #3! Just stunning, Dan!

10. Thanks, Fred.
    Thanks for commenting, Karen. I like that shot too. She was really a good looking bear.
    Thanks, Dossy. I like intimate views like no.3. My "style" seems to be trending more in that direction in the past couple of years.

11. Great set Dan!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.