1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Lovers in the Parc

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by Removed User 2, May 27, 2007.

1. a Leica steal moment...

Web-2007-05-20-1.

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    That is a great street shot
    Stolen moment

3. Thanks Gale!
    They we're kissing for some time already... and since I only had a 21mm lens (14mm on a DSLR), I walked by very closely. I had to be quick and ask for luck to join in.

4. cellison

cellison

Mar 18, 2006
    Canada
    Great shot Ned. The background looks motion blurred yet the couple are sharp. Either that or the lens has a bokeh that looks a lot like motion blur.

Which is it?

Chris

5. DrewC

DrewC

Jan 30, 2007
    Denver, CO
    wonderful capture Ned, i love it

6. Chris, good observation! Chris101 also asked me about this "effect" I get in my pictures but I lost the post and often remembered to dig it out and answer the question. The effect is simple: it is reverse panning (please don't mind me creating new technical terms :tongue:) . I often shoot while walking and so I pan. This will make the subject still but the background move.

This is the best example I have, shot from my car while driving:

[​IMG]

Thanks! It's a sight we all witness every day. It's only a matter of balls or will :smile: No real technique nor vision involved...

7. matthew.paul

matthew.paul Guest

What a great steal, Ned. Wonderful!

8. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: You crack me up!

I love the 90° angle lenses. My 21mm f/2 Zuiko is one of my favorites. Can Zuikos be fitted to a Leica mount? It seems like the Olympus lens mount is way out there (that is, distant from the film plane), especially compared to the Leica's. Perhaps a Zuiko could be fitted with an adapter?

9. Chris, check out www.cameraquest.com.

Ned, nice one. I wish you had the cojones to stop and compose a bit more carefully*. It has elements that'd make it a winner.

*easy for me to say.. :) 

10. Stephen,
    Believe me or not, I composed it this way on purpose. I try to apply new styles/compositions as often as I can or otherwise all my pics would look the same. I tilt tilt my compositions when I can or feel like it. I liked the idea of leaving a big space on top to convey a different feeling. The lucky part was that I was unnoticed and I clicked at the right moment where we see the girl's face. This was the gamble.
    Still, I'm not sure if the composition is right (you seem to think otherwise and that's just fuine!) but the "stealthy" feeling is there.

11. Personally, I keep wondering what the goose stepper at the left is up to.

12. She's cracking some nuts, maybe?

13. Chris, you can't say I'm not adapting to the new reality! :wink:

14. Check this thread: http://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=562818#post562818

15. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Very interesting Ray! (as is the Camera Quest website - thanks Stephen.) I don't particularly like the double focussing ring set up though. For the 21/2 though, I could use 'guess' focusing to match my 'guess' metering... And save some bucks on the RF coupled adapter.

16. Ned, very interesting framing here. A captivating image!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.