loving the 12/24 sharp as a tack

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by TomP, Jul 19, 2007.

1. A Geodetic Marker at Ceasers head North Carolina. 50% crop.
    Just thought this was a nice sharp exp of the 12/24.

large.

2. big_jon

big_jon

Jul 14, 2007
    malaysia
    Hi Tom, what part of the picture is it a crop of? extremely nice!

3. Well with the wide angle, it was shot as a vertical, so I cut equal amounts off the top and bottom, do not remember taking anything off the sides, so I think what we are looking at is truly 50% of full frame. I can post the whole pic if it is of that much interest?

4. big_jon

big_jon

Jul 14, 2007
    malaysia
    its ok tom, just wanted to find out if it was one of those 100% crops from the borders etc. love the colour, any post processing done?

5. Yes I usually do a little with shadow and highlights

6. I found it sharp too. But I'm crazy about Wide Angle lens after trying out 10-22mm. So I got Sigma 10-20.

7. That looks to be a very sharp lens. It's on my wish list for sure!

8. Jeff Lee

Jeff Lee

May 16, 2006
    Oregon
    Yep, it a great lens. Beside the "normal" use of this lens, I set it at 5.6 with auto ISO and it makes my cameras the true "P/S" camera. With the AFS and the incredible DOF, on my D200 I often just shoot from the chest and crop later.

It is expensive, but it is a great lens. At those focal lengths you can shoot down to 1/18 and still get sharp images.

Ed, a 2.8 would be great but at cost in size, weight, and price? I don't think it would fit my budget:)

9. I have this lens, but i haven't used it as much as i should. Looking at the shots from this site makes me want to get it out more often.

10. Steinar

Steinar

Aug 16, 2007
    Denmark
    Hi Jeff

Thank you for that (5,6+auto-iso), I think I will try that - just got it, but I was not impressed by its sharpness, so I send it to repair/callibrating, and I got it back monday.