1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Low tide Cape Cod

Discussion in 'Wanderlust and Travel' started by PDuany, Jul 29, 2008.

1. PDuany

PDuany

Aug 10, 2005
    NH
    Took this on our vaction on Cape cod. Still not sure how happy I am with it. I would love to hear what people think of it. Any and all comments welcome.

buoy.

2. Idea is nice but composition is a bit off with the sun/moon in the center of the image. I would have choosen to place it more to the left of the image. Also the subject is out of focus probably because of camera shake caused by a slower shutterspeed.

To resolve the out of focus you could increase your ISO value until a reasonable shutter speed is possible. Rule of thumb is about 1/(1.5 * focal length). Also some support for the camera helps in these situations.

3. PDuany

PDuany

Aug 10, 2005
    NH
    Thanks for looking, and taking the time to comment. I agree with what you say on the composition, I briefly thought about just moving it in photoshop but I think there is just to much else wrong to make it worth it. By the way it is a moon, just another thing I was unable to pull off.

thanks again

4. Patrick,

You could try a graduated ND filter to reduce the exposure of the sky or take multiple shots with proper sky/forground exposure and combine in post. The latter requires proper support or a program that can align things properly.

5. Matthias

Matthias

Apr 13, 2007
    Central Texas
    Patrick,

nice shot with a bold foreground - just wish there would be a tad bit more detail in the background.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.