Lowepro Stealth Reporter 200

Is anyone using this bag? I'm curious to know how much stuff you can fit inside? I have a D200, Sigma 50-150, 1.4x, and 30/1.4 right now.

I have so many camera bags and this one gets a lot of use. For me, its the perfect shoulder bag to trek around Manhattan. Not too large, very generic looking (if you remove the lowepro front logo), and its fits my standard street photography package consisting of, D200, nikkors 35-70,12-24 and 180mm. When extra room is needed one can easily add lowepro lens cases and other accessories on the side. It will even hold the 70-200 standing, and still zipper up. Built in rain cover and a few pockets are other nice features. Material and hardware quality are high and that is reflected in the price of this bag. I believe they recently changed the front buckle design to a single buckle, but the size is the same. This bag has been through a lot over the past 4 years and its still going strong.
1.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2.jpg

3.jpg

70-200VR standing up
4.jpg

5.jpg

Regards

RFC

Can you fit your D200 and either of your larger lenses attached inside that bag standing up? I have the toploaders 65 and 75 and a bunch of lens cases, so I probably don't need this bag, but I look nevertheless...

Thanks for responding, and thanks doubly for the pics!!

I have the stealth reporter 200 and put D2x with 28-70 attached, 70-200, 85/1.4, 50/1.4, and SU800. Flashes are in a bag that I slip onto the sides.

I have since moved up to the 400.

Can you fit your D200 and either of your larger lenses attached inside that bag standing up? I have the toploaders 65 and 75 and a bunch of lens cases, so I probably don't need this bag, but I look nevertheless...

Thanks for responding, and thanks doubly for the pics!!

I dont believe it has the depth to have the 70-200VR attached to a D200 standing and still zipper up (my 180mm shouldn't be a problem). I also have the toploaders 65 and 75. My 65 also gets a lot of use when I just need a single lens, and honestly, I nerver really use the 75....If I am going to carry the 70-200VR I use a backpack.

You sound like me......always on the quest of the perfect camera bag :)

Regards

RFC

The issue is, one toploader is good for one camera/lens combo but not the other, and vice versa. So, carrying a toploader and lens case is really only good if the two or three lenses you're bringing are about the same size. For instance, the Sigma 30/1.4 and Sigma 10-20 (which I will soon own) will be perfect for the 65/small lens case option. The 50-150 is just a smidgeon too big for the 65, so that option begins to fail.

I like the lens cases and the Slip-Lock setup Lowepro has for the Toploaders, so I'm thinking a Stealth Reporter will be fairly perfect for days when I need two or three different sized lenses. I don't want a mondo-huge bag, either, since I rarely if ever take ALL my gear somewhere. I'm looking at either the SR200 or SR100 for my purposes now.

Thanks again for those excellent pics!

Latest threads

Top Bottom