Lower Falls - Yellowstone River

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by catalyst, Jul 28, 2005.

1. Probably the second most-photographed sccene in the park, I know, but I couldn't resist . . .

catalyst

D70 with kit lens at 62 mm, f/5, 1/320 s

[​IMG]

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Gorgeous image for sure, well taken.

What a great experience to be able to view that beautiful scenery..

To be able to photgraph it makes that double great experience.

Thank You for sharing.

3. Henk

Henk Guest

WOW! that looks real sharp to me, would make a good one to print large and frame.

regards

Henk

4. Wow! Now that's pretty!! Bet it would look great hanging on a wall!

5. The last picture I took of my mother before she died was in the foreground of this image. Well taken shot.

6. Nice work. I like the foreground leaves that are gently out of focus.

I'd like to see a shot of the waterfall closer up and perhaps shot at a longer shutter speed.

7. obelix

obelix

Mar 17, 2005
    Fremont, CA, USA
    Gorgeous colors.

8. Thanks, everyone, for the comments - much appreciated. It was again mid-day, but after waiting 20-odd years and driving 1400 miles to get there, I couldn't be too picky - just had to take lots of photos everywhere!

Gale, you were right that just seeing all this was a treasure, and being able to practice with the D70 was a bonus.

Thanks Henk, Kevin and Anand for the encouragement - it is very valued after seeing examples of your work.

Gordon - that is an inspiring place and it must be especially so for you. Thanks for sharing that personal memory here.

Justin - I couldn't avoid the foreground so I tried to use it in the old style of "framing" the scene, and had to move around so that the leaves wouldn't obscure either the falls or the river course.

Eric

9. Gret job Eric. You handled this shot beautifully. Any use of filters, ie. grad filter etc? Looks great, hope you print it like everyone said!

10. Truly gorgeous picture...I can definitely see that hanging on a living room wall! I hope to get to Yellowstone some day.

11. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Hi Catalyst,

Wonderful composition!. Wish I were there :)

Regards

RFC

12. Wow, now that is pretty.

13. SRA

SRA

Jul 29, 2005
    Orem, Utah
    I love Yellowstone Park and our photo makes me miss it again. Nice shot!

14. clew

clew Guest

That's a beautiful shot. I've never been to Yellowstone or Yosemite, but I hope one day to go to both.

Chris

15. Eric,

Your image is truly gorgeous. It would make a fabulous poster. Thanks for reaffirming my faith in the good old kit lens!