Lower Falls - Yellowstone River

Probably the second most-photographed sccene in the park, I know, but I couldn't resist . . .

catalyst

D70 with kit lens at 62 mm, f/5, 1/320 s

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Gorgeous image for sure, well taken.

What a great experience to be able to view that beautiful scenery..

To be able to photgraph it makes that double great experience.

Thank You for sharing.

H

Henk

WOW! that looks real sharp to me, would make a good one to print large and frame.

regards

Henk

Nice work. I like the foreground leaves that are gently out of focus.

I'd like to see a shot of the waterfall closer up and perhaps shot at a longer shutter speed.

Thanks, everyone, for the comments - much appreciated. It was again mid-day, but after waiting 20-odd years and driving 1400 miles to get there, I couldn't be too picky - just had to take lots of photos everywhere!

Gale, you were right that just seeing all this was a treasure, and being able to practice with the D70 was a bonus.

Thanks Henk, Kevin and Anand for the encouragement - it is very valued after seeing examples of your work.

Gordon - that is an inspiring place and it must be especially so for you. Thanks for sharing that personal memory here.

Justin - I couldn't avoid the foreground so I tried to use it in the old style of "framing" the scene, and had to move around so that the leaves wouldn't obscure either the falls or the river course.

Eric

Gret job Eric. You handled this shot beautifully. Any use of filters, ie. grad filter etc? Looks great, hope you print it like everyone said!

C

clew

That's a beautiful shot. I've never been to Yellowstone or Yosemite, but I hope one day to go to both.

Chris

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom