Lower Manhattan

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by JamesMor, Jul 16, 2007.

1. JamesMor

JamesMor

Jun 28, 2005
    New York
    Hey Everyone,

I know that I generally don't post much Cityscape stuff, but my wife and I are trying to photograph more in Manhattan (where we live). Here are some shots from this weekend:

James
    _MG_1432_cr_w.

_MG_1435_w.

_MG_1440_w.

_MG_1492_w.

_MG_1500_w.

_MG_1528_w.

Staten Island Ferry Terminal:

_MG_1536_cr_w.

The Brooklyn Bridge:
    _MG_1455_w.

2. Ptchfork

Ptchfork

Jul 8, 2007
    New York City
    Hey James... was the Staten Island Ferry shot taken from the Brooklyn Promenade as well?

3. JamesMor

JamesMor

Jun 28, 2005
    New York
    They were all taken from about the same area. It is possible that a few of them were taken in areas adjacent to the Promenade.

James

4. JamesMor

JamesMor

Jun 28, 2005
    New York
    The Brooklyn Bridge

These are a couple more from last week. Chanthee and I did sunrise there this morning, however, it was not the best sunrise of the decade, so we contented ourselves with mostly looking around and doing exploration.

James

_MG_1595_w.

_MG_1597_w.

_MG_1602_w.

5. JamesMor

JamesMor

Jun 28, 2005
    New York
    These are a couple of more from the same series of photographs on the Brooklyn Bridge. Obviously, they were taken on two different mornings. It is a great illustration of how different light may change an entire scene (LOL, and a heaping of haze). My wife and I have been heading out every couple of weeks to this area to get the 'perfect sunrise.' So far, it has been avoiding us...but we have found some interesting things none the less. One more stab, I think...and then we move up to Queens for midtown Manhattan shots.

_MG_1863-001_brbridge_w.

_MG_2499_hdr_w.

6. Zee71

Zee71

Apr 1, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Nice shots......check out a couple of the black and white shots I have of the Brooklyn Bridge, Ground Zero, and The Rock. See link below:

http://www.pbase.com/zee71/bw

7. JamesMor

JamesMor

Jun 28, 2005
    New York
    Hey Mark,

Silly question (believe me, I know it is silly) - but the Rock at the Center...is that the reason for the name?

James

8. very nice....went to FDU and saw this area many times over 30 yrs ago. db