LR 2.1 Release Candidate

Discussion in 'Adobe Processing Products' started by Kiwi Geoff, Sep 19, 2008.

1. Julien

Julien

Jul 28, 2006
    Paris, France
    Thanks for the heads up Geoff. After reading the release notes there are a few quirks that I had that could be resolved with the RC but I'm too chicken to try it out right now on my main machine, I might try it on my laptop just to be safe. Good thing to know that Adobe has been working really hard on fixing those nasty little bugs with V2 :wink:

2. Thanks Geoff! Downloaded and installed. Hopefully it will resolve my LR "going to sleep" issue.

3. Seems to work pretty well Julien, was mostly to release new camera profiles to keep up with ACR. The dot releases are designed for that as well as to make bug fixes as much as possible within the time frame.:wink::wink::biggrin:

4. jfrancis

jfrancis

May 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    Installed and working. I love LR :biggrin:

5. WOW thats really a speed increase!

Having over 53k images in the DB, i can now browse from the first image to the last, without any delay. (1-3 seconds)

6. DoJC

DoJC

Feb 14, 2008
    Aliso Viejo, CA
    +1

I've had a number of the issues they are fixing with this update. I just downloaded it, and will install it momentarily.

7. That is good that Adobe is trying to fix those bugs. From the list of bugs, I see they are fixing what I've been having problems with. I don't think I will install 2.1 just yet until it's the "final version". The thought of uninstalling LR2 before installing v2.1 scares me right now. I'd hate to lose some data in the process if it were to happen.

Thanks for the information!

8. There should be no problems Laura, trust me !!:wink:
    Are you Mac or PC? PM me and I'll give you instructions.......

9. Hi Geoff

I use a PC. With a bit of careful reading of instructions, I'm sure I can download 2.1 but from what I understand, LR2 has to be deleted first?? Heck, I just bought LR2 soon after it was released and would hate to lose any photos that have been cataloged to date. That's why I'm hesitant to download 2.1 right now- Adobe makes it sound like it's in beta testing becaue they ask for feedback from LR2 users.

10. Laura, if you are clear about the instructions for deleting LR2 you should have no problems. On a Mac, I just renamed the application to "Lightroom 2.0 old" and installed 2.1, then named that "Lightroom 2.1RC".
    There are no catalog upgrades to be done and preferences do not need to be deleted, so there is no (well only a small) risk of problems!!
    If you have difficulty with the instructions ask here for a PC answer:
    http://www.lightroomforums.net/

MOST IMPORTANT - BACK UP YOUR CATALOG FIRST!!

11. I would wait till the released version is ready and not a Beta....

12. kiwi

kiwi

Jan 1, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    thanks, installed. Looks good.

Anyone else using LR/Mogrify and the D300 NX emulations ?

Love those too.

Any other plug-ins ?

13. Haven't used the Mogrify one but use Jeffrey Friedels export ones for Picasa and Flickr and they work well.
    The new Profiles work well for me and now there are plenty available from others as well. Real time savers!!

14. wgilles

wgilles

Apr 25, 2008
    NJ
    Super, thanks for posting this

15. johan11

johan11

Jan 17, 2008
    seattle
    I've taken the plunge and gone with RC1. Seems more stable when doing a lot of adjustment brush work.

16. Excellent, I will install 2.1 tonight. Scott and Matt have a video review of 2.1 on their site(s). I hope this resolves the issues on my iMac. I will report back. Geoff, I am also running LR Mogrify, but I had to stop using it due to multiple crashes (from LR, not Mogrify).

17. Cheers for the updates, etc. Have been away for a week so will catch up with whats happening in the next few days !!:smile:

18. Running for a couple of weeks on both an XP pro and XP64 system without issue. Loads catalogs quite a bit faster in 64 bit.

19. Nice to hear !!