LR 4.4 cropping issue

I'm not sure when I picked up this possible bug, but it seems that when cropping to portrait orientation I cannot maintain a locked aspect ratio. Has anyone else noticed this?

Windows7 64, LR 4.4.

No idea if there any differences between 4.4. and 4.2 but are you making sure that you click on the padlock to lock the ratio? There is only a small (too small?) observable difference when the padlock is locked or unlocked

You should be able to swap from landscape to portrait orientation using the 'x' key and still maintain ratio as long as the padlock icon is down.

Yes, the padlock starts off locked and in the closed position. In landscape, it holds, but once in portrait it releases allowing custom aspect ratios.

Thanks for the x key tip. I'll make sure to use that until a fix come along.

In 4.2 I cannot get the effect you describe moving from landscape to portrait as the padlock stays firmly locked until I release it.

Dragging the corner handles far enough one way or the other will alter aspect ratio from landscape to portrait and the centre handles will resize in the current format. At all times the padlock remains locked until clicked for release.

Perhaps this behaviour is the result of a feature request for the new version :smile:

I had that problem a couple of versions back. 4.0 maybe? Lock the padlock and as I dragged it, it would bounce around. I have 4.4 and have not seen the problem. Think there may be a setting somewhere.

Well, hopefully a fix will surface - whether for a bug or user error...

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom