LR2- no min/max window button

Hi all

I bought LR2 a few weeks ago. Recently I've noticed my LR2 is now missing the minimize/maximize button that's always on the top right corner of my screen.

How do I get it back?? :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance!

It worked! Thank you very much, Bill!! I really was missing that min/max/close buttons in the last few days.

Thanks for the assist.

E

eddy

You can also minimize it with shortcuts keys, like "windows+M" on a PC and "Apple+M" on a Mac ;)
And the "f" key is usefull to have LR taking all your screen, even the Dock or windows bar I think.

Glad to help! Don't ask how long it took me to figure that out when I did the same thing.......:redface:

Now try the "L" key with a photo in crop mode.

Bill

Very interesting, Bill. The L and the crop thing...that was one of my other questions I was about to ask. Trying to do a crop and resize in LR has been something I've not really figured out how to do. I need to hit the books on LR and consult LR's Help Guide. I think I tried reading it but got confused.

Thanks for telling about those neat shortcuts/tricks!

Here's a good one that will get you to all the shortcuts you could ever want.

From within any module:
cmd - '/' (Mac)
ctrl - '/' (Win)

Laura,

If you want a printable list of all the LR shortcuts, Victoria Bampton has one on her website: http://www.lightroomqueen.com/lrqshortcuts.php It's a loooong list but you can print it and hang it on the wall next to your monitor.

Cropping and resizing in LR is easy but, unlike in PS, they're two separate operations. To crop, select a photo and press the "R" key. This will put you into the Develop module and the Crop dialog in the right panel. If you want to retain the original aspect ratio, click on the padlock icon to lock it. The default is a free crop so you can click'n'drag either the corners or the sides. If you want another aspect ratio(5x7, 8x10, etc.) click the drop-down and select or enter your custom size. Then you have to grab the corners to resize. Click and hold anywhere inside the crop box and you can drag the image inside the box.

Resizing is done in the Print module or when you export. In Print, first select your paper size in Page Setup, then you can set resolution in the Print Job panel on the right.

If you're using a print service, you can use the Print Job panel to print to a jpeg file by selecting it under the Print To: dialog. Then you can set size, resolution, color space, etc. and wind up with a properly sized .jpg to send out.

If you want to resize for the Web, you select the photo(s) in the Library and click Export. The export dialog box comes up and you can select the size, resolution, color space, etc. in it.

LR is different from PS in cropping and resizing but I've found it's really easy to get used to and I like having the gridlines.

Just play around with it a bit and you'll be up and running in no time. :smile:

Have fun,
Bill

Hi Bill and Laura,

Great questions and great answers too! Thank you for the keyboard shortcut and link to the shortcuts. That will come in handy!!

I own PSCS3, NX, Aperture and LR. Laura, I really wanted to use Aperture as my primary editor, but it LR is easier for me. It looks like I will upgrade to LR2 too.

Eddy,

I am glad you posted the link. I purchased the plug-in from Timothy last month. It took me a while to instal it properly on my iMac, but it does work. I wish there were more plug-ins available for LR.

CrystallP

I own PSCS3, NX, Aperture and LR. Laura, I really wanted to use Aperture as my primary editor, but it LR is easier for me. It looks like I will upgrade to LR2 too.

Hi Crystall, yes I'm finding LR2 interesting to use, but I haven't gotten the hang of developing a workflow yet. I'm still learning with the Beardsworth book you loaned me, umm..chapter 1 about file management LOL. So many things to learn!!

Have you tried out the LR2 demo yet?

I still use NX in conjunction with LR2, sometimes CS2 for cropping and save to web part.

p.s. When can I visit your hummingbirds?? :rolleyes:

Here's a good one that will get you to all the shortcuts you could ever want.

From within any module:
cmd - '/' (Mac)
ctrl - '/' (Win)

Very cool, Madone! Wish I could print that one! Thanks!

Victoria Brampton's link that Billg71 posted is another good one. The fact that it was a long PDF was a turn off for me. But she does have good information on her website though. I have bookmarked it (among a zillion other LR sites LOL)

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom