1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

LR3: How do I set up a custom crop area?

Discussion in 'Adobe Processing Products' started by MaxxTraxx, Apr 6, 2011.

1. MaxxTraxx

MaxxTraxx

Dec 30, 2010
    USA
    You know like in iPhoto where you can select a specific area to crop? That's what I want to do.

Just need to get rid of the (some of it..) sky in a couple pictures

Gracias,

Maxx

2. I dont know if you can. I would just select the area to be removed using the standard crop feature.

3. The crop frame in Lightroom is very adjustable and you can save Custom crop ratios for future use. Keep in mind that Lightroom uses ratios not sizes as they are determined when a file is printed or exported.

4. MaxxTraxx

MaxxTraxx

Dec 30, 2010
    USA
    If you have ever used iPhoto, you can select the specfic area that you want to crop.

That is what I am looking for, not what you are talking about.

5. When you are in the Crop tab - click the padlock icon so that it shows as unlocked. Then you can move and size the crop area any way you wish.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.